1. Joined
    02 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 14:16
    I want to switch from redhotpawn.com to chessatwork.com, but I keep getting messages from redhotpawn.com and when I click they go to that site. How do I switch this?😲
    Victor
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 14:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 16:36
    Originally posted by vge
    I want to switch from redhotpawn.com to chessatwork.com, but I keep getting messages from redhotpawn.com and when I click they go to that site. How do I switch this?😲
    Victor
    You can't switch it automatically. What you can do is manually cut out the "redhotpawn.com" from the message URL and replace it with chessatwork.com.

So if I send you a link like this:
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/index.php

You could replace it with this:
    http://www.chessatwork.com/tournament/index.php

Try it. Both links work and they both go to the same page. Just different colors and buttons and stuff. The content is the same.
  4. London
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 19:15
    Originally posted by vge
    Victor
    Redhotpawn is effectivly the centre of the set of sites. You will never recieve mails from the "Chess at Work administration" regardless of what site you use, it will always be from "Red Hot Pawn or Red Hot Chess administration"
  5. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 19:35
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    ...it will always be from "Red Hot Pawn or Red Hot Chess administration"
    But that's two 😕
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 20:17
    Originally posted by vge
    Victor
    I'll make the switch for you, and hopefully make it a user configurable option in the future.

At the moment, the 'brand' you originally register on is the one you get the emails from.

-Russ
  7. London
    Moves
    18 Oct '05 20:26
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    But that's two 😕
    What has that got to do with anything.

Tournament and Clan messages are sent by "Red Hot Chess Administration" (I think) and miscellanious messages are delivered by the "Red Hot Pawn Administration"
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 03:44
    Originally posted by Russ
    I'll make the switch for you, and hopefully make it a user configurable option in the future.

At the moment, the 'brand' you originally register on is the one you get the emails from.

-Russ
    I want to change mine from TimeForChess to RedHotChess.

Any chance, while you're at it?
  9. Joined
    02 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '05 03:47
    Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
    Yes thanks. The switch worked and new the messages are coming from ChessAtWork.com like I wanted.

That is good because I take a few minutes out of work to play some chess, and the 'mood' of ChessAtWork reminds me of work so I don't get carried away...😀

Thanks,
    Victor
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '05 19:24
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I want to change mine from TimeForChess to RedHotChess.

Any chance, while you're at it?
    bump.😀
  11. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 15:41
    You can actually fix this yourself.. I just tested and it worked for me.
    Log into the site that you want to receive the emails from.. go into My Settings, Personal.
    Change your email address to something, then click update.. then change your email address back and click update.. Next email you get from here will be from the site you just were on when you updated your details.
  12. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 15:44
    Actually, no need to change your email address then back.. just click UPDATE on the My Settings - Personal Details from the site you want to receive the emails from
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 16:041 edit
    I'll try that. thanks.

Done it...now all I need is someone to move.🙂
  14. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 16:06
    you can test by using the 'get pgn' function, or emailing games to yourself.
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 16:29
    Originally posted by MIODude
    you can test by using the 'get pgn' function, or emailing games to yourself.
    Thanks, worked great. Cheers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree