1. Joined
    10 Apr '06
    Moves
    20 Oct '06 19:591 edit
    I've noticed that if my opponent promotes a pawn and I capture that piece, it shows up as a pawn in the captured pieces section below the board.

In a very recent game, my opponent promoted a pawn to a queen. A move or two later, I took his other queen - the original one - and it shows up as a pawn in the captured pieces section.

It doesn't affect game play but I was wondering if there is a reason for this or is it just a glitch?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '06 09:19
    Originally posted by Mimor
    I've noticed that if my opponent promotes a pawn and I capture that piece, it shows up as a pawn in the captured pieces section below the board.

In a very recent game, my opponent promoted a pawn to a queen. A move or two later, I took his other queen - the original one - and it shows up as a pawn in the captured pieces section.

It doesn't affect game play but I was wondering if there is a reason for this or is it just a glitch?
    I think that every peace on the board plus every piece at the captures pieces equals the full set of pieces, that is all 32 pieces.
    Does this make any sense?
  3. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    21 Oct '06 10:11
    yes. if you buy a chess set . it doesnt come with extra pieces incase they are promoted.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Oct '06 14:46
    Originally posted by celticcountry
    yes. if you buy a chess set . it doesnt come with extra pieces incase they are promoted.
    I think it should be an upside down Rook.

P-
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 12:12
    Originally posted by celticcountry
    I have a chess set that came with these little crowns that you can snap onto the top of a pawn to make it look more like a queen. The set came with 2 white crowns and 2 black crowns.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree