1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '13 00:58
    The following in shown in the HELP forum FAQs:

"Can I take a move back/reinstate a timed out game if my opponent agrees?
    FAQ

Unfortunately, no. Once a move has been made it cannot be taken back. . ."

Hopefully, without insulting peoples' intelligences, if your opponent agrees with you, then after you made your unwanted move, your opponent can make one move; and then, both of you simply put your moved pieces back to the squares they came from as the next half moves.

This takes up half moves, but your position has been put back to where you have wanted it. Just keep in mind, it can count as a repetition of position for drawing purposes and that you will be putting your trust in your opponent to follow your agreement. Otherwise, it is very simple to do.

KingOnPoint
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    14 Dec '13 12:54
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    The following in shown in the HELP forum FAQs:

"Can I take a move back/reinstate a timed out game if my opponent agrees?
    FAQ

Unfortunately, no. Once a move has been made it cannot be taken back. . ."

Hopefully, without insulting peoples' intelligences, if your opponent agrees with you, then after you made your unwanted move ...[text shortened]... t in your opponent to follow your agreement. Otherwise, it is very simple to do.

KingOnPoint
    People find that method, which is not applicaple however when a pawn move has been done.

But one can start a new 8unrated of course) game from the last position if one is really interested in playing that one out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree