The rating

Standard memberDUFFley
Help 01 May '07 12:44
  1. Joined
    25 Nov '06
    Moves
    01 May '07 12:452 edits
    I have been looking on the web about chess. Is the rating/score that we use what they refer to as a ELO rating?? I am still a bit new to this so I hope this isn't a stupid question. I would like to become a better beginner 🙂 Thanks for your help!!!

[mod edit - email address removed] xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 May '07 13:00
    Originally posted by DUFFley
    I have been looking on the web about chess. Is the rating/score that we use what they refer to as a ELO rating??
    Yes. It is not, of course, the FIDE rating, nor does a player's FIDE rating have any influence on the RHP rating. However, it does mostly use the same Elo system that FIDE uses. Mostly, because there are special rules for provisional players which are (obviously) not used by FIDE, and which aren't part of the Elo system.
    Note that it's Elo, not ELO: it isn't an acronym, it's named after Árpád Élő, who devised the system.

Richard
  3. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    04 May '07 06:50
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Árpád Élő,
    Hungarian does look very beautiful...
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateâ„¢
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    04 May '07 10:433 edits
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Note that it's Elo, not ELO: it isn't an acronym, it's named after Árpád Élő, who devised the system.

Richard
    Árpád Élö
  5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 May '07 12:401 edit
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Árpád Élö
    No, and that's the problem. It's not an o with two dots above it, it's an o with two accents. This should be one: ő , and looks like one in the edit box. It's not a common letter, though, it's not in ISO-8859-1, and apparently either the forum software RHP uses, or Internet Exploder, has problems with it.

Richard
  6. Standard memberMathurine
    sorozatgyilkos
    leölés ellenfeleim
    Moves
    04 May '07 13:031 edit
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 May '07 14:115 edits
    Originally posted by Mathurine
    nope....
    nope.....
    nope......
    nope.......

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree