1. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 17:28
    I currently have two games in 'time-out' status which I could claim at any time. They have been this way for a few days now and I am not confident the player will ever return to resume play... the unfortunate part is these games are only 4 moves or so old, not nearly enough that I feel comfortable claiming a win.

Is there any way at all to simply delete them, or draw them? I guess it may seem silly to quibble over free wins, but I really don't feel I've earned the boost... but I don't want the games to hang around forever either. 🙂

Thanks for all replies,

-JC
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    19 Jan '06 18:01
    Originally posted by Churlant
    I currently have two games in 'time-out' status which I could claim at any time. They have been this way for a few days now and I am not confident the player will ever return to resume play... the unfortunate part is these games are only 4 moves or so old, not nearly enough that I feel comfortable claiming a win.

Is there any way at all to simply delete ...[text shortened]... I don't want the games to hang around forever either. 🙂

Thanks for all replies,

-JC
    You could move them to your archive folder and forget about them. Your opponent might then move and you'd have to watch out for that.

My advice. Take the win and move on.
  3. In your face
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 00:24

Is there any way at all to simply delete ...[text shortened]... I don't want the games to hang around forever either. 🙂

Thanks for all replies,

-JC
    Check out the players stats by clicking on their user name. You may well find that they have just joined the site and got bored or fed up and have only played a few moves, then left disenchantedly. Or maybe they....etc. Up to you anyway. If you time them out they may be a bit teed off but it's not the end of the world. And if you don't, it's not going to bother you much, as you are a member and can always start as many fresh games as you desire. Might do your karma good for being patient. Do what ye feel is best.
  4. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 02:42

Thanks for all replies,

-JC
    I understand your feelings - I share them. But sooner or later you'll find an opponent who simply disappears from the site.

As a subscriber, there's no limit to your number of games, so it's not hampering your enjoyment of the site. I tend to leave games for a while, and every now and then I go back and look to see if anyone hasn't moved for, say, a month. In that case, I check their profile to see if they've moved in ANY games, or if there's a message there about why they're not around. If not, I claim the win.

I have found that some people DO come back. I had just about given up one guy when he came back... and eventually beat me! Nevertheless I felt better that I had waited.
  5. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 14:07
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I believe I will wait a while, as suggested... it would be nice if, instead of an automatic win, there was the option to force a draw on time-out games.

-JC
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 16:16
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I believe I will wait a while, as suggested... it would be nice if, instead of an automatic win, there was the option to force a draw on time-out games.

-JC
    What I would do is just let them sit at the end of your list as you can have as many games as you want, if they come beack great you have you wish if they don't just delite them in a few weeks/months.
  7. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    20 Jan '06 20:10
    Or move those games to a seperate folder, so they don't make a mess in the inbox. That's what I do. I currently have about 50 games archived over there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree