Time Out Wins

Standard memberGweilo
Help 04 Jun '06 11:25
  1. Water End
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 11:25
    How long is reasonable to allow your opponent before claiming a time out win?

I ask because I acceopted an open invite with a 24 hour time limit. The person who set that limit has now missed it twice and indeed is more than 48 hours late at this point. I have also messaged them as a reminder.

Adive greatfully appreciated
  2. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 11:371 edit
    Originally posted by Gweilo

I ask because I acceopted an open invite with a 24 hour time limit. The person who set that limit has now missed it twice and indeed is more than 48 hours late at this point. I have also messaged them as a reminder.

many people click the skull as soon as they see it - if they have timed out you are more than within your rights to take the win whenever you like

personally i dont time out players who are real world friends or others who at least chat during games (if i feel that the conversation is worth continuing). all others go whenever i see the skull.

if you think they would time you out (ie if they set up the game with the time limit quite small then they probably would) then you should do the same.
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 13:27
    Originally posted by Gweilo

folk that set extremely short time limits are more likely to time you out at the first opportunity
    take the skull
  4. Water End
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 13:28
    Thanks for that,

I've just checked this dudes public games and almost all of them end in time-outs, appears to be an even split between my opponent and the people he/she is playing.

Maybe I'll click the skull

Paul
  5. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 11:12
    I didn't believe in timing out one's opponent until I had problems with my connection and found out I was timed out. Now I time out my opponents given that others have done the same to me.

However if your opponent indicates he/she is on vacation please be considerate.
  6. Water End
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 14:28
    There is no indication of my opponent being on vaccation, and if I look at his/her public ganes they appear, with a couple of exceptions, to have ended in timeouts after very few moves.

I have to wonder why a player bothers to start a game with a time limit they dont want to meet. Still they should have moved by mid day 2 days ago so my skull finger is getting itchy.

Gweilo
  7. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    05 Jun '06 14:33
    If your opponent is a serial timewaster then take the point. At least when they notice a steep curve in their rating they might "sober up".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree