1. Standard member1973mackem
    Keep The Faith
    Sunderland
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 10:43
    can you be timed out even though you have timebank remaining. is the timebank a courtesy item?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 10:54
    FAQ

This should answer your question. (From Help/FAQ)
  3. Standard member1973mackem
    Keep The Faith
    Sunderland
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 12:33
    i had read that before i posted my query, it does not say if you can be timed out with timebank remaining or not.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 12:472 edits
    Originally posted by 1973mackem
    can you be timed out even though you have timebank remaining. is the timebank a courtesy item?
    No
    and when the time runs out for your opponent it's your choice - unless it's a tournament when it's automatic I believe.
    May be the same in clan games??
  5. Standard member1973mackem
    Keep The Faith
    Sunderland
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 13:13
    Cheers Doc, i could have drove 10mile up the road to ask you lol.
  6. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 16:40
    If you challenge someone to a game but they don't move and don't delete the game, does the timeout win option still come up after the timebank has been used up?
  7. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 19:07
    Originally posted by GrumpyBoyFett
    If you challenge someone to a game but they don't move and don't delete the game, does the timeout win option still come up after the timebank has been used up?
    only takes affect after each player has played two moves
  8. Standard memberIM4Y2NV
    Dadohalic
    Finger tip talking.
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 22:09
    Originally posted by GrumpyBoyFett
    Yes, the skull will appear in a game in which no one has moved. I have not clicked this skull so I do not know if it awards a win or simply deletes the game. How ever, the skull does appear in this instance.
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 05:49
    Originally posted by IM4Y2NV
    Yes, the skull will appear in a game in which no one has moved. I have not clicked this skull so I do not know if it awards a win or simply deletes the game. How ever, the skull does appear in this instance.
    It awards the game but no rating changes will occur.
  10. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '06 09:46
    I see, thanks for the help
  11. Joined
    04 Dec '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 21:18
    so if the skull appears and i click it it wont affect my rating will it have an effect on my rating if i am timed out myself and is it considered rude to take advatage of a timed out opponent
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 21:301 edit
    Originally posted by alia
    so if the skull appears and i click it it wont affect my rating will it have an effect on my rating if i am timed out myself and is it considered rude to take advatage of a timed out opponent
    It's about as rude as checkmating someone.

As said above - it affects your rating if two moves each (or more) have been played.
  13. The sky
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 21:51
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    It's about as rude as checkmating someone.
    Yeah, disgusting behaviour. 😠
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 07:521 edit
    Originally posted by 1973mackem
    I read your question and I can simply give you the obvious answer, the one you already read in the FAQ, the answer is the same as all the other answers you've already got from our friends here. And the answer is - No.

But when I think of why you ask this question I can only relate on my feeling about the time out and time bank and all I had when I was new here at RHP.

When I am timed out and I still believe that I have time left in my time bank I check it and see that "Eh, I have time left !!!" It says so, in black on white, that I have hours, if not days, left in my time bank and still I am timed out. How come!?

The reason is easy: When any one is timed out, the skull is clicked, the game is lost *** but *** there is a bug (or something) that alters the time bank information. The time is changed after a time out. So after a time out you can't rely on the time out information any more.

So the answer of your initial question is (still) No, but the time bank information is lost so you can't really check anymore the contents in the time bank.

I would like to have a negative number in the time information stating how much time overdue.
  15. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 15:53
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    No
    and when the time runs out for your opponent it's your choice - unless it's a tournament when it's automatic I believe.
    May be the same in clan games??
    To clarify: the automatic tournament timeout takes two days to happen.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree