1. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 09:18
    When someones timebank is nil isn't a skull meant to appear so you can claim the win ? I'm playing someone who is no longer on vacation and timebank is nil in our 2 games but it wont let me claim a win. Also same situation with another opponent. One of these has another 30 odd games in progress where his timebank has run out in all but the games are still going on. Is there a proplem with the skulls when a vacation ends ? ( I dont mean sun burn or hangovers )
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 09:41
    Originally posted by ManualEngine
    When someones timebank is nil isn't a skull meant to appear so you can claim the win ? I'm playing someone who is no longer on vacation and timebank is nil in our 2 games but it wont let me claim a win. Also same situation with another opponent. One of these has another 30 odd games in progress where his timebank has run out in all but the games are sti ...[text shortened]... s there a proplem with the skulls when a vacation ends ? ( I dont mean sun burn or hangovers )
    No. CMS made his moves while still on vacation. He now has his Timeout to make his further moves, and if he used up all his TO again, then he has no further Timebank to rely on, and so a skull will appear.

Have a look at the FAQ.

D
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 12:091 edit
    When someones timebank is nil isn't a skull meant to appear so you can claim the win ? I'm playing someone who is no longer on vacation and timebank is nil in our 2 games but it wont let me claim a win. Also same situation with another opponent. One of these has another 30 odd games in progress where his timebank has run out in all but the games are sti ...[text shortened]... s there a proplem with the skulls when a vacation ends ? ( I dont mean sun burn or hangovers )
    Click into your game.

On the right, near the bottom you should see some Time Text in a box:

--------------------------------
    Time controls

7 days per move. 7 days timebank.

Black has 6 days 23 hours and 57 minutes to move. (plus timebank)

Black has 7 days of timebank remaining.

White has no timebank remaining

--------------------------------

Not sure that is the game you are talking about, but any game you can check to the minute who's got how long left in move time or time bank.

P-
  4. Joined
    13 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 13:56
    Thanks for the replies Ragnorak and Phlabibit. What I was not sure about was when someone is on vacation and they can't be timed out. I wrongly it seems thought when their vacation ended if their timebank is nil they have lost the game. For example in a 3/7 game if the 7 days timebank runs out and so in now nil i didn't realise they still get another 3 days to make their move. Id looked through loads of previous posts and it seems everyone ( or at least a lot of people ) are/were interpriting this differently. I love this chess site but just how we are expected to think upto 25 moves ahead when we can't all get our heads atound vacations i dont know lol

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree