timeout losses

Standard memberanzi
Help 28 Jul '06 17:44
  1. Joined
    23 Jul '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 17:44
    New to this and have lost 2 or 3 games on timeout.
    How can I tell if I am going to loose thru timeout ?
    thnks in advance
  2. Joined
    29 Jun '05
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 18:45
    Originally posted by anzi
    New to this and have lost 2 or 3 games on timeout.
    How can I tell if I am going to loose thru timeout ?
    thnks in advance
    On your homepage clickon 'My Games'. The list of your games shows you whose turn it is to move and when the last move was made. Click on 'info ' for that game and it will show you the 'Move Timeout'. If the time since the last move exceeds the Move Timeout, the player who last moved can claim a win by clicking on the skull under 'Action'.
    Another point; before you accept a game check that you agree the timeout and timebank limits that the other player is proposing. A lot of forum space is used by people who didn't, and then complain when their opponent quite legitimately claims a win on time.
    However, first I usually message an opponent who has reached his Timeout limit, or you can click on the 'send email reminder to' symbol which appears under 'Action'.
  3. Joined
    23 Jul '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '06 19:09
    Originally posted by Essex 3
    On your homepage clickon 'My Games'. The list of your games shows you whose turn it is to move and when the last move was made. Click on 'info ' for that game and it will show you the 'Move Timeout'. If the time since the last move exceeds the Move Timeout, the player who last moved can claim a win by clicking on the skull under 'Action'.
    Another point; b ...[text shortened]... you can click on the 'send email reminder to' symbol which appears under 'Action'.
    Your concise and most helpful reply to my query on 'timeout losses' should be incorporated into the Help page, (the top of page) for novices such as myself. Thanks again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree