timeout

Standard memberronald adams
Help 11 Aug '13 15:44
  1. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Aug '13 15:44
    The rules state that if, when playing you run out of time you lose the game.Yet on this site it is left to your opponent if he takes the win or not.I play on another chess site that sticks to the rules and you automaticly get awarded the game if your opponent runs out of time.Much better system i think.
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    11 Aug '13 18:03
    Originally posted by ronald adams
    The rules state that if, when playing you run out of time you lose the game.Yet on this site it is left to your opponent if he takes the win or not.I play on another chess site that sticks to the rules and you automaticly get awarded the game if your opponent runs out of time.Much better system i think.
    For someone that has won almost 20% of their games by way of timeout, I'm sure you do πŸ˜‰
    It's up to the individual to time people out, only certain league and tournies auto-time-out. I have fully seven skulls sat before me now, I choose to let these games play out...
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Aug '13 23:26
    I once played on a site that gave you the option, I preferred mine on manual timeout.

If you're playing competitive - tourneys, clan challenges, ladders and the like - the timeouts are automatic, as they should be. It's quite another matter when you're playing a regular opponent who you consider a friend - you don't want those to time out if your friend is ill or his games are interrupted by a family crisis. I hope they never change the system here.
  4. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 14:25
    Seems i am wrong againπŸ™‚
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 23:02
    Since when did having a different opinion make you wrong? Maybe I'm the upside-down one ... πŸ™‚
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 15:59
    Ok i do take timeouts but i always wait say 10 to 12 hours before i take it.On my profile i say if you message me that you are going over the time i would not time you out.But how long do i really have to wait before i take the scull.I dont suppose there is a answer to that.I guess its up to the individual.
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 17:05
    Originally posted by ronald adams
    Ok i do take timeouts but i always wait say 10 to 12 hours before i take it.On my profile i say if you message me that you are going over the time i would not time you out.But how long do i really have to wait before i take the scull.I dont suppose there is a answer to that.I guess its up to the individual.
    You can take it whenever you want after the skull appears, or not at all. It's entirely your choice.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 23:41
    I usually look at their other games. If other people have started timing them out I generally take the skull, but I don't want to be the first.
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 14:45
    The thing is i have had opponents who are obviously losing and are going to lose and they just stop playing.So now i wait a while then take the scull.
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 23:25
    Those people are fair game. They have some twisted idea that a loss by timeout isn't really a loss. Just shows they know nothing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree