1. Joined
    10 Mar '06
    Moves
    29 Nov '11 22:42
    My opponent has timed out of the game but I haven't had a win. The timeout was set to 3 days with a 7 day timebank. It is now over 11 days since my opponent's last move. How do I claim a win?
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 00:14
    from the faq:

If the game is over 3 moves and the move timeout period has expired, you may claim the win and the points. To claim a win find the game on the 'My Games' page. If your opponent has not moved in the agreed period, a skull icon will appear next to the game. Clicking the timeout link will award you the win and the points. Please be considerate with timeouts – send a reminder if possible. If a user is on vacation you will not be able to claim a timeout until their vacation ends.

In your game list you may have to scroll to the right to see the skull.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 00:16
    If the game has less than 3 moves you will not gain any rating points for the win, and there will be a bin icon which you can click to delete the game from your list.
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    30 Nov '11 12:08
    Originally posted by comtmpw
    My opponent has timed out of the game but I haven't had a win. The timeout was set to 3 days with a 7 day timebank. It is now over 11 days since my opponent's last move. How do I claim a win?
    Your game with maximus has not gone past 3 moves so doesn't qualify as a "game".
    You'll just have to bin it
  5. Joined
    04 Apr '09
    Moves
    22 Dec '11 00:06
    I don't understand how the vacation works. The time bank depletes even though I have scheduled a vacation.

Also there is something about having to make moves for games at risk of time out before vacation starts. I have no idea what this means.

Bob58
  6. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    22 Dec '11 02:39
    Originally posted by bob58
    ...The time bank depletes even though I have scheduled a vacation.

...having to make moves for games at risk of time out before vacation starts.

Bob58[/b]
    Vacation does <not> stop the clock on a game. Time out and time bank will continue to expire as usual. The difference (and one advantage of being a sub) is that even if all your time expires you will not be in danger of being timed out (the dreaded skull) as long as your vacation flag is up.

However, when your vacation time ends, any games that have no time left can now be won by your opponent by clicking the skull that will now appear. It is when your vacation <ends>, not starts that you must be aware of this situation and especially what local time the vacation expires.
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    22 Dec '11 14:07
    Originally posted by bob58
    I don't understand how the vacation works. The time bank depletes even though I have scheduled a vacation.

Also there is something about having to make moves for games at risk of time out before vacation starts. I have no idea what this means.

Bob58
    I think you'll find it says before the vacation ends, not starts.
    A good way to save vacation days is to work out when your time and timebank will run out and book your vacation from then.
    For example say you are playing a 3 day timeout with a 7 day timebank with all your timebank intact and you're going away for 14 days, move as late as possible before you go away and book vacation days from 10 days into your holiday with an extra days "insurance".(i.e book 5 days)
    In this way you save 10 days vacation.
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '11
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 19:05
    can someone tell me when this game will expire:

Game 8831454
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=8831454&cbqsid=2873

I cannot wait to get rid of this board. I even offered a draw.
    Of course I can resin but I do not want to loos any points on this, mistake of a partner.

thanks
  9. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 20:03
    "White has 5 hours and 29 minutes of timebank remaining."

Come back six hours from the time of this post and you should see a skull on the MyGames page, which you can click on to claim the win.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '11
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 07:22
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    "White has 5 hours and 29 minutes of timebank remaining."

Come back six hours from the time of this post and you should see a skull on the MyGames page, which you can click on to claim the win.
    well it is way pass that 5 hours and 29 minutes mark.
    and that game is still there and I do not have a skull on the MyGames page next to that game.
    Can someone do something about that game without me resigning?
    I cannot get rid of it and opponent does not move.
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 10:16
    I didn't notice opponent still had move time left on the clock. The game has a 7-days-per-move slow time control, so the skull won't appear until all that move time plus the timebank balance is gone, i.e. in about 3.5 days from now. Sorry if I gave you a false hope.
  12. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 19:40
    Originally posted by aabra1

Game 8831454

Of course I can resin but I do not want to loos any points on this, mistake of a partner.

thanks
    The game will not expire for a long time, so long as your opponent moves at least once within seven days of you making your move.
  13. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 13:46
    Originally posted by aabra1

Game 8831454

thanks
    It sounds like your frustration stems from going on your computer and not finding any games waiting for you to play.
    Unfortunately for you, some players only like to play infrequently so games can last a long tine.
    There's two ways round this:-
    1.Only enter into games with a short time frame
    2.Subscribe!!You can then have unlimited games on the go in various formats and almost guarantee there will be some waiting when you want to play
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 17:31
    If lack of active games is your problem, you could always resign this one - it'll only cost you 10 rating points - not worth bothering about. For the future, don't take on games with time controls longer than 1/3 or 1/7, and 1/0 is better if you can guarantee you'll be here every day.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Dec '11 05:33
    Originally posted by comtmpw
    Just hit the Skull, he/she will be more likely to remember next time than if you were to send a reminder. Not up to you to look after their time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree