To Castle

Standard memberwhyikit
Help 14 Jul '09 08:19
  1. Joined
    21 Jun '07
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 08:19
    Ok I have been using the site for some time now, but have recently got a new phone and have been doing most of my chess moves via it, on a Opera web browser. The problem I am now having is when I castle the rook never moves prior to me submitting the move.

Ok this is not a big deal but is annoying at times does anyone know why this is?

Cheers

Whyikit
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Jul '09 20:541 edit
    Originally posted by whyikit
    Ok I have been using the site for some time now, but have recently got a new phone and have been doing most of my chess moves via it, on a Opera web browser. The problem I am now having is when I castle the rook never moves prior to me submitting the move.

Ok this is not a big deal but is annoying at times does anyone know why this is?

Cheers

Whyikit
    If you are using mobile.redhotpawn.com then a legacy board interface is used and the castle action is not shown until after the move has been submitted.
  3. Joined
    21 Jun '07
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 16:26
    Thanks Russ

Ok cheers but this now also effects the moves I make on the main site. I understand that it will not work via the mobile, but it also happens when I am on the PC on the main www.redhotpawn.com site?

Cheers
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 22:50
    Originally posted by whyikit
    Thanks Russ

Ok cheers but this now also effects the moves I make on the main site. I understand that it will not work via the mobile, but it also happens when I am on the PC on the main www.redhotpawn.com site?

Cheers
    don't know if this is what you're talking about but to castle move you're king not you're rook
  5. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 23:12
    Originally posted by daniel58
    don't know if this is what you're talking about but to castle move you're king not you're rook
    😀 no that isn't wha he meant.
    Prior to clicking submit, when you move your king 2 spaces toward the rook, your rook leaps past your king thus prior to clicking he can see the successful castling.
    However, on his mobile (now also his PC) he moves the king 2 spaces with the rook remaining on it's original square until after he clicks on the submit button.
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    19 Jul '09 04:55
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    😀 no that isn't wha he meant.
    Prior to clicking submit, when you move your king 2 spaces toward the rook, your rook leaps past your king thus prior to clicking he can see the successful castling.
    However, on his mobile (now also his PC) he moves the king 2 spaces with the rook remaining on it's original square until after he clicks on the submit button.
    who cares?
  7. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Jul '09 05:36
    who cares?
    Obviously good manners weren't taught as part of your education.
  8. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    19 Jul '09 18:47
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Obviously good manners weren't taught as part of your education.
    No star says it all 😉
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 01:49
    who cares?
    jesus cares
  10. Earth
    Moves
    20 Jul '09 22:01
    Originally posted by trev33
    jesus cares
    I care too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree