1. Joined
    10 Aug '09
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 10:06
    Are tournaments only available for subscribers? If not, where can I find tournaments open for those who haven't subscribed? thanks
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 10:36
    Originally posted by Grandmast3r
    Are tournaments only available for subscribers? If not, where can I find tournaments open for those who haven't subscribed? thanks
    Yes. In general tournaments are only for subs.
    There have been a few non-sub (test) tournaments, but I wouldnt wait for them to come around...
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 13:32
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    Yes. In general tournaments are only for subs.
    There have been a few non-sub (test) tournaments, but I wouldnt wait for them to come around...
    I don't see why not. Non subscribers have to tolerate advertising which presumably generates revenue for the site, while subscribers are free of this. Surely it is just a different way to pay (albeit perhaps less profitable).
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 13:54
    Originally posted by finnegan
    I don't see why not. Non subscribers have to tolerate advertising which presumably generates revenue for the site, while subscribers are free of this. Surely it is just a different way to pay (albeit perhaps less profitable).
    Much less profitable if you ask me, although I must admit that I dont have any knowledge about how many cash advertisements bring in.

Maybe those just pay for the 6 free games non subs can play😉
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 15:12
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    Much less profitable if you ask me, although I must admit that I dont have any knowledge about how many cash advertisements bring in.

Maybe those just pay for the 6 free games non subs can play😉
    Maybe - I just distrust harsh judgements. There are lots of reasons for non subscribers - eg a number of members in my Ireland Club are young school kids.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 15:26
    Originally posted by Grandmast3r
    As a non-subscriber you can join a club, and some of the clubs have tournaments for their members. They are separate from the regular tournaments. However, the "six games in progress" limit might be a problem.

Someone in the club scene can probably supply better information here. It could be that a nonsub can join a club but still cannot participate in their private tournaments.

It's something for you to check into if you're really interested in tournaments.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 19:06
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    As a non-subscriber you can join a club, and some of the clubs have tournaments for their members. They are separate from the regular tournaments. However, the "six games in progress" limit might be a problem.

Someone in the club scene can probably supply better information here. It could be that a nonsub can join a club but still cannot participate i ...[text shortened]... naments.

It's something for you to check into if you're really interested in tournaments.
    Non Subs can't join those tournaments, but they can participate in the club forums and earn a club ratings.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree