1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '06 09:44
    I plan to have a vacation in august.

If I join a tournament before my vacation and the tournament starts during my vacation - can my opponents time me out then?
  2. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    12 Jul '06 10:22
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I plan to have a vacation in august.

If I join a tournament before my vacation and the tournament starts during my vacation - can my opponents time me out then?
    Why would someone join a tournament, knowing they were about to go on vacation?

Just wait until you get back before entering any new ones.

But if you decide to go ahead and enter it anyway, bear in mind that tournaments have automatic time-outs. So regardless of whether anyone respects your vacation flag, you'll probably need to make at least one move in each of your games in order to avoid being timed-out (unless the tournament has long time-out or time-bank settings).

Would you be able to get online during your vacation? If not, then forget the whole thing.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '06 11:19
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    Perhaps the tournament will start before I go to vacation, perhaps not.

If it will start, then I have my 7 days time-bank.
    If not, I'm timed out in two days time.

I would be glad if the starting date was announced as the tournament is presented. Now I have to guess.

If I am automaticly timed out - do I lose rating points then? And what about win/lose statistics?
  4. In your face
    Moves
    12 Jul '06 22:38
    Perhaps the tournament will start before I go to vacation, perhaps not.

If it will start, then I have my 7 days time-bank.
    If not, I'm timed out in two days time.

I would be glad if the starting date was announced as the tournament is presented. Now I have to guess.

If I am automaticly timed out - do I lose rating points then? And what about win/lose statistics?
    You will lose out on both counts I think.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '06 07:001 edit
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    Here's another example why I ask:

I just finished my last game in the Domitianus Grouped Random Tournament and find myself winning (shared first place) this round. We have to wait for a few other games to end as well so I have no idea when the next round will begin.

If it starts when I'm on vacation, perhaps I will find myself automaticly timed out after two (?) days when I'm back. How fun is that?

I have no way to plan the start of round two and I have no way the possibility too plan ahead. It starts when it starts, I can't do anything about it.

Perhaps I can go online somewhere, don't know where, but probably I cannot be sure of it.

Well, it seems to that I have to rely of my good luck...
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '06 01:25

I just finished my last game in the Domitianus Grouped Random Tournament and find myself winning (shared first place) this round. We have to wait for a few other games to end as well so I have no idea when the next round will begin.

If it starts when I'm on vacation, perhaps I will find myself automaticly timed out ...[text shortened]... robably I cannot be sure of it.

Where are you going on vacation?

There are probably internet cafes nearby where you could do a quick check every now and then.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jul '06 03:13

If it starts when I'm on vacation, perhaps I will find myself automaticly timed out ...[text shortened]... robably I cannot be sure of it.

if the t/c are 3/7 you get 12 days before you're timed out, plenty of time to go away.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '06 06:10
    Originally posted by trevor33
    if the t/c are 3/7 you get 12 days before you're timed out, plenty of time to go away.
    On the first move there is no 3/7 times but 2/0 - if I don't respond the first move within two days, I'm out.

Perhaps there is a Internet café within 50 km, but where? I don't know. Perhaps I have the time to break loose to go to and find this café? I don't know.

But within 3/7, perhaps I can manage but to 2/0, in worst case, I don't.

Round two starts with no schred of beeing able to plan anything.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Jul '06 11:531 edit
    On the first move there is no 3/7 times but 2/0 - if I don't respond the first move within two days, I'm out.
    Say what?

If the tournament is 3/7, then you have 10 days to make the first move. [EDIT] 12 before Auto TO.

D
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '06 13:091 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Say what?

If the tournament is 3/7, then you have 10 days to make the first move. [EDIT] 12 before Auto TO.

D
    So there is two days more than the usual 7+3 days before auto time out??
    Oh, then I'm safe.
    Thank you for this information, I'm very glad!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree