Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member HurricaneConway125
    SUPREMO OF SOMERSET
    30 Oct '07 18:14
    Are there are ever any tournaments that non-members are entitled to enter or is the tournament feature of this site purely for those who pay? If it is possible for non-members to play in any tournament could someone please tell which one?
  2. 30 Oct '07 19:35
    It is a subscribers feature only, but as I understand, there are sometimes held tournaments for the non-subscribers. But I believe that this is not very regularly.

Adje
  3. Standard member irontigran
    Rob Scheider is..
    30 Oct '07 19:36
    Originally posted by HurricaneConway125
    Are there are ever any tournaments that non-members are entitled to enter or is the tournament feature of this site purely for those who pay? If it is possible for non-members to play in any tournament could someone please tell which one?
    a few nonsubs are playing in one now, but theyre running it themselves... a membership is a good idea, as you can say what type of tourneys you want and theyll make them...
  4. Standard member GalaKev
    Borderer
    30 Oct '07 20:56
    There is an unrated League on the go.

Its at http://www.freewebs.com/alnwickgadgy/index.htm

PM Alnwick Gadgy for more details.
  5. Standard member Dutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    31 Oct '07 00:44
    Originally posted by HurricaneConway125
    You can send feedback for a trial tournament. It's a tournament for non-members. Your game load will go over 6 games.

Example: Tournament 69
  6. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    31 Oct '07 10:47
    Originally posted by adje
    It is a subscribers feature only, but as I understand, there are sometimes held tournaments for the non-subscribers. But I believe that this is not very regularly.

Adje
    They usually do an annual non-subscriber tournament at the start of the year. I say usually as I don't think there was on one in 2006 but there were 2 this year:

Tournament 1712
    Tournament 1711