Tournaments

Standard memberPlayerN05
Help 11 Jan '11 14:00
  1. Joined
    23 Aug '10
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 14:00
    Must I be subscriber to be able to enter any tournaments on this site?

Reason I'm asking is it seems that I can enter available tournaments as shown when I'm on my page but once I want to enter anyone of these tournaments it tells me that its only available to subscribers. Can I ask then that these tournaments not show if I'm not able to enter. It's annoying to see available tournaments but one cannot enter. No where on your help or FAQ does it clearify that only subscribers are allowed to enter tournaments. I'm I missing something here...
  2. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 14:14
    I believe there have been a few tournaments for non-subs in the past, but generally you have to subscribe to enter them. It's the same with most, if not all, other pay sites - you're not going to get the full features without coughing up the dough.

I don't think you can turn off the notification that the tournaments are available to you, because it's not exactly untrue. They are available - all you have to do is pay the entry fee.
  3. Joined
    23 Aug '10
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 14:46
    Well I'm currently playing in a tournament on a paying site which allow for non-sub to enter, they could do the same here. I understand about paying to enjoy all the features.
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 01:42
    Originally posted by PlayerN05

Reason I'm asking is it seems that I can enter available tournaments as shown when I'm on my page but once I want to enter anyone of these tournaments it tells me that its only available to subscribers. Can I ask then that these tournaments not show if I'm not able to enter. It's ann ...[text shortened]... ify that only subscribers are allowed to enter tournaments. I'm I missing something here...
    Help : subs

Which takes you to the following

Subscribing to Red Hot Pawn removes advertisements and enables all site features. Please <click here> for more details. Hitting the click here tells you the options that are made available by subscribing.

The tournaments are "available" to you based on your current rating, however they are an enticement showing "look what you are missing" to try and make you pay the subscription fee.
  5. Los Angeles
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 04:59
    Originally posted by PlayerN05

Reason I'm asking is it seems that I can enter available tournaments as shown when I'm on my page but once I want to enter anyone of these tournaments it tells me that its only available to subscribers. Can I ask then that these tournaments not show if I'm not able to enter. It's ann ...[text shortened]... ify that only subscribers are allowed to enter tournaments. I'm I missing something here...
    Annoyed?..Pay up & be unannoyed!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree