Tournaments

Standard memberhijonnyb
Help 17 Dec '07 21:17
  1. Joined
    17 Dec '07
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 21:17
    How do I enter tournaments on Red Hot Pawn??
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 21:20
    Originally posted by hijonnyb
    subscribe
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    17 Dec '07 22:10
    Originally posted by hijonnyb
    Orangutan is right. Only subscribers get to enter tournaments. Once you subscribe, you click on the Tournaments link at the top of your page (it's the link with the trophy cup, sitting between Player Tables and Clans), and you will see a list of tournaments, and tournaments that haven't started yet will say "open to new entrants." Click on the tournament you are interested, and you will be taken to a page where you can see some of the people who are already signed up to play (unless you are the first to show up), and there will be a link that says "enter tournament." Click on that link, and you're in! Some tournaments have specific ratings requirements so you may not be able to enter every tournament you see as being available, but there always seems to be something for everyone. When you are a deciding on your first tournament, check the column on the tournament page that says "group size." You will play a game as white and as black against each opponent in your group, so for example, if you enter a tournament with a group size of 21, that means you will be playing 20 other opponents (you're the 21st player and you don't play yourself), but since you play white and black against each opponent, that will be 40 games to play at the same time! So just be aware that games can really add up fast.

Anyway, hope this helps. Join when you can and we'll see you in the tournys!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree