Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 26 Aug '07 00:04
    If a player makes no move and times out in a tournament via automatic TO (2 days after time expires), is the game rated or unrated?
  2. Subscriber coquette
    Already mated
    26 Aug '07 00:05
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    If a player makes no move and times out in a tournament via automatic TO (2 days after time expires), is the game rated or unrated?
    unrated, points awarded for the tourny is the way i understand it.
  3. 26 Aug '07 00:46
    Nice profile Reg...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnejNGprm3I

classic
  4. 04 Sep '07 13:36
    Originally posted by coquette
    Really? So if I'm the other guy (playing against the player who's timing out), my rating doesn't go up unless I claim the timeout win myself? Interesting.

By the way, my opponent in two games of a tournament timed out more than two days ago, but the system hasn't automatically timed him out yet. Is that supposed to happen? Does it happen often? Is there usually a delay?

Game 3943646
    Game 3943529
  5. 06 Sep '07 02:52
    if you won a game how do you clear it from your game list?
  6. 06 Sep '07 07:12
    The automatic timeouts doesn't work.

Another round in a tournie with 3/7 started August 26. One of my groups members didn't start at all. The two skulls appeared this morning, 10 days after, and I was able to skull him out.

What automatic is that?
  7. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    06 Sep '07 09:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The automatic timeouts doesn't work.

Another round in a tournie with 3/7 started August 26. One of my groups members didn't start at all. The two skulls appeared this morning, 10 days after, and I was able to skull him out.

What automatic is that?
    Auto TO occurs 2 days after the skull appears (as mentioned in the original post).

D
  8. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    06 Sep '07 09:27
    Originally posted by Ohforf
    Really? So if I'm the other guy (playing against the player who's timing out), my rating doesn't go up unless I claim the timeout win myself? Interesting.
    It makes no difference how the game is lost. The important thing is that less than 2 moves were made. If so, then the game is unrated.

D
  9. 06 Sep '07 09:53
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Auto TO occurs 2 days after the skull appears (as mentioned in the original post).

D
    That's make perfect sense. Now I understand completely. Thank you for correcting my misunderstanding of the automatic timeout.
  10. 06 Sep '07 12:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Auto TO occurs 2 days after the skull appears (as mentioned in the original post).D
    My last move in a tourney game (1-day timeout, no timebank) was on Aug. 31, the skull appeared on Sept. 1, and auto-TO didn't occur until this morning, Sept. 7. Must be a bug in the system somewhere.

Game 3943529
  11. 06 Sep '07 17:28
    Originally posted by coquette
    What's unrated about them? I just won one by auto-TO and my rating went up per usual.
  12. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    06 Sep '07 17:46
    Originally posted by Ohforf
    What's unrated about them? I just won one by auto-TO and my rating went up per usual.
    What move were you on? I think that other user is talking about a game with 3 or less moves. Those games shouldn't adjust your rating.

P-
  13. 06 Sep '07 20:25
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I think that other user is talking about a game with 3 or less
    P-
    Oh! Thanks for explaining.