Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 05 Apr '13 14:26
    Hi there,
    In my game I am unable to castle at all. I've tried both sides. Does anyone know why this might be?
    Cheers

Game 9922598
  2. 05 Apr '13 15:44
    You are moving the King first (ie to g2), right?
  3. 05 Apr '13 16:19
    Yes, I'm moving the king first. I've tried one to the left and two to the right but neither will work. The castle just stays where it is.
  4. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    05 Apr '13 16:50
    Originally posted by spanishgarden
    Yes, I'm moving the king first. I've tried one to the left and two to the right but neither will work. The castle just stays where it is.
    I'm not sure what you mean when you say one to the left and two to the right. You should move the king two spaces either right or left to castle.
  5. 05 Apr '13 17:06
    Oh yes, that's what I meant, sorry. I tried moving to the usual places to castle. either left or right and neither will work. The castles won't move.
  6. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    05 Apr '13 19:20
    Oh yes, that's what I meant, sorry. I tried moving to the usual places to castle. either left or right and neither will work. The castles won't move.
    It looks to me like you should be able to castle to either side, so I don't know what the problem might be. Try resetting by holding down the CTRL key and F5 key at the same time. That probably won't help but still worth a try.

You may have to send a feedback to admin and see if they can sort it out.
  7. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    05 Apr '13 19:51
    Hi there,
    In my game I am unable to castle at all. I've tried both sides. Does anyone know why this might be?
    Cheers

Game 9922598
    It could be a browser issue, it be also could be any number of 'trivial affairs' also, try completely shutting your computer down and rebooting...but I'm guessing you've tried this already ?
  8. 05 Apr '13 21:02
    Great ideas!
    Well, I've rebooted my computer. I've used CCleaner to removed cookies, cache etc. and fix any registry issues. I've tried in IE, Firefox and Opera. All to no avail.
    I thought it was a 'chessy' issue, but maybe not. If I need to where would I contact admin?
    Thank you for all your help.
  9. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    05 Apr '13 21:28
    Go to the bottom of the page and under "support" you will find "feedback". Use that to send a message to admin, and from there you will have to wait until they respond. I don't know how long that might take
  10. Standard member krieghoff
    Robbie is the Gluck
    05 Apr '13 22:47
    Sie bewegen sich nicht in der analyst bord vielleicht ?
  11. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    05 Apr '13 23:46
    Originally posted by krieghoff
    Sie bewegen sich nicht in der analyst bord vielleicht ?
    Good point!

spanishgarden, make sure you are trying to move on your main board rather than the analysis board.
  12. 06 Apr '13 20:46
    Hi, and thanks everyone.

I don't think I'm on the analysis board but I don't know how to find it. Perhaps I've set it by mistake? How can I tell?

I've contacted admin via feedback.

Cheers!
  13. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    chess dummy
    06 Apr '13 21:42
    Hi, and thanks everyone.

I don't think I'm on the analysis board but I don't know how to find it. Perhaps I've set it by mistake? How can I tell?

I've contacted admin via feedback.

Cheers!
    The normal playing board displays in your browser window and has a "submit move" button. The game history board (there's a link to it in the header bar) looks very much like that playing board page but there's no submit button and any move you make there won't work. The analysis board is a popup floating window which doesn't display the browser headings, doesn't have a submit button, and forgets all its moves when you close the window. I think you'd have noticed if you were on the analysis board but the other one, the game history page, is harder to pick.
  14. 07 Apr '13 06:53
    Great! Thank you!

I've found the game history board - it has:
    Bookmark game
    Annotations for this game
    Start game from position
    Get PGN of this game
    Game Info

I'm definitely not on that.
    The main board has:
    Message your opponent
    Notebook
    Offer draw
    Claim draw
    Resign
    Subscribe
    After move preference
    Skip this game for now

I can't find an analysis board though.

Cheers!
  15. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    chess dummy
    07 Apr '13 11:19
    It's right under skip this game for now on the main board. Click on 'analyze board' to pop it up.