1. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    03 Nov '07 00:09
    I have tried without success to start a new game with myself playing Black. When I click on the info of the new game it gives a blank summary; and when I look at the open invites list I see two games with myself as White (when one of them should have me playing Black). I have trashed and restarted games multiple times trying to get around this problem, without success. I have been careful to make sure that I select Black when creating the games, to no avail.
  2. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    03 Nov '07 00:14
    P.S. After deleting all of my newly created games, I checked the Open Invites area, only to find two games still listed there with me as originator (both with me as Black according to the table there).
  3. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    03 Nov '07 03:22
    I don't believe this problem has ever occurred before. Try again. If it still doesn't work I would suggest sending feedback. [Bottom of every page]

Maybe Phlab knows something I don't.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    03 Nov '07 05:23
    maybe someone can try challenging you to see if it will let you play as black? it would be interesting if the challenge didn't work, or if it made you white!
  5. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    04 Nov '07 01:27
    Originally posted by Drew L
    I don't believe this problem has ever occurred before. Try again. If it still doesn't work I would suggest sending feedback. [Bottom of every page]

Maybe Phlab knows something I don't.
    Today I tried again and had no problem creating new games as both Black and White. However, I cannot get info on the Black games: clicking on "info" shows a blank Summary, whereas clicking on "info" for a White game shows all the usual summary information plus the board diagram. Note that all of these games are "waiting" (i.e., just created). Perhaps after they are accepted the Black games will also show normal summaries.
  6. Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    04 Nov '07 01:42
    Originally posted by Mark Adkins
    Today I tried again and had no problem creating new games as both Black and White. However, I cannot get info on the Black games: clicking on "info" shows a blank Summary, whereas clicking on "info" for a White game shows all the usual summary information plus the board diagram. Note that all of these games are "waiting" (i.e., just created). Perhaps after they are accepted the Black games will also show normal summaries.
    I fooled around with it and I think I figured it out.

First, you are referring to newly formed games, where no moves have been made and you are waiting for an opponent, correct? If so, when you created your game as black, no moves have been made, and the time does not start since you don't have an opponent, therefore, there is nothing to see on the summary. However, when you created the game as white, the time does start therefore you do see the game summary. Or atleast that was my conclusion.

White - Summary
    Black - No Summary
  7. Joined
    02 Apr '07
    Moves
    05 Nov '07 00:22
    Originally posted by Drew L
    I fooled around with it and I think I figured it out.

First, you are referring to newly formed games, where no moves have been made and you are waiting for an opponent, correct? If so, when you created your game as black, no moves have been made, and the time does not start since you don't have an opponent, therefore, there is nothing to see on the summary ...[text shortened]... see the game summary. Or atleast that was my conclusion.

White - Summary
    Black - No Summary
    Looks like it. Both games have since acquired opponents and now both have summaries.

Incidentally, I have just eaten at The Olive Garden and paid "only" $6.45 including tax, for "all you can eat" breadsticks, salad, and soup. I paid no tip! Bwuuuhahaha!! The red rose shall bloom, and forever -- for we are among magicians, and strange events occur...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree