1. Joined
    24 Jan '03
    Moves
    29 May '06 19:48
    When I click on a piece to move it, the whole screen goes blank then returns with the piece highlighted. Then when I try to move it the screen goes blank again and returns with the piece moved.
    Very annoying, does anyone have any fixes for me?
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    29 May '06 21:52
    I've noticed this too, but am slightly less annoyed about it.
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    29 May '06 21:52
    Originally posted by Telesco
    When I click on a piece to move it, the whole screen goes blank then returns with the piece highlighted. Then when I try to move it the screen goes blank again and returns with the piece moved.
    Very annoying, does anyone have any fixes for me?
    Try clearing your cache.

D
  4. Joined
    24 Jan '03
    Moves
    29 May '06 22:33
    Thanks but that didnot work?
  5. Standard memberreader1107
    petting the cat
    On Clique Beach
    Moves
    29 May '06 23:38
    That happened when I used IE but not Firefox.
  6. Joined
    24 Jan '03
    Moves
    30 May '06 00:57
    I've been using IE on this site for years, why all of a sudden?

Thanks
  7. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    30 May '06 01:46
    I've been using IE on this site for years, why all of a sudden?

Thanks
    Because all of a sudden the web site has made some upgrades and function improvements. And when that happened it became heavy with script. While the site works with other browsers. It seems to perform much better with FireFox. With some the FireFox extensions and some script written for the greasemonky extension by one of the members here. You wouldn't believe all the improvements, bells and whistles you can have on your game page forums and Analise page. If I were you I would make the switch. Well worth the effort. I personally protested somewhat. But finally decided to give it a go. And I would never want to go back. Never, Never, Never. But then that is what I said about I.E.
  8. Joined
    24 Jan '03
    Moves
    30 May '06 02:41
    Well that's a pretty convincing commentary on Firefox. I've been using IE for many years, Netscape for awhile but retuned to IE. I'm a little wary to try a new browser just for this website and just to cure this problem. Last week it was working fine??

Thanks
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 May '06 04:47
    Well that's a pretty convincing commentary on Firefox. I've been using IE for many years, Netscape for awhile but retuned to IE. I'm a little wary to try a new browser just for this website and just to cure this problem. Last week it was working fine??

Thanks
    IE isn't standards compliant. It does all kinds of strange things. It's also full of security holes.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 May '06 07:15
    I use IE and it works fine for me...
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 May '06 16:19
    Nothing has changed regarding scripting in the last week, so if clearing the cache doesn't solve your problem, then this has to be localised to you. And therefore harder to solve.

-Russ
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 May '06 16:21
    Do you have an older PC which may be busy with a background task when this happens?

-Russ
  13. Joined
    24 Jan '03
    Moves
    30 May '06 20:02
    I figured it was something on my end and I discovered that my date and time were 3yrs off. After reseting my problem was solved.

Thanks
  14. Weston Ohio
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 14:08
    where did the lines go? all of a sudden I have no lines on the board, just the men setting on a white background. the men still move but I find it hard to tellwhere thay are at .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree