1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 13:252 edits
    We had decided to end IE6 support sometime ago, but IE7 is proving a real obstacle to progress too and has subsequently also been added to the unsupported list.

IE10 is now available (Win 8, and in preview on Windows 7), which places IE7 as three generation old.

So, we can invest time in supporting a rapidly dying browser , or force an upgrade on those still using it.

We understand some may have no choice, and if that is the case, please discuss here. We may be able to provide a solution. But the only real solution is to move to IE8 or above.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 15:141 edit
    A prompt is currently being displayed to all IE 7 (and under) users.

If you are seeing the prompt and you are using a more recent version of Internet Explorer (8, 9 or 10), then please check your browser settings to ensure you are not running in "compatibility" mode for this site, which will also cause the prompt and should be avoided when using this site in future.

edit : Edited to remove some ambiguity.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 18:252 edits
    Update instructions here by Microsoft
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 20:471 edit
    If anyone is thinking of just updating their IE for a laptop or pc, at least have a look at the others on offer ( examples: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera...to name but a few for a pc ) ...there are plenty far better browsers out there, once you've tried A N OTHER you won't go back to IE.
    Wellllll, I gave up on Microsoft IE a long time ago anyway, although I've been told that the latest iteration is far better than they ever were...that's good as they surely needed to be lol...
    Edit: Check out what browsers the site supports first !
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Feb '13 22:47
    Anyone who's still running IE7, with all the encouragement Microsoft does to get people updating, isn't interested in smarter browsers ... 😉
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 15:56
    Originally posted by Russ
    A prompt is currently being displayed to all IE 7 (and under) users.

If you are seeing this and you are not using IE7, please check your browser settings to ensure you are not running in "compatibility" mode, which will also cause the prompt and should be avoided when using this site in future.
    What is "compatibility" mode, or where? I use Google.
  7. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 16:14
    Originally posted by apathist
    you mean Chrome?
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 17:343 edits
    Originally posted by apathist
    Chrome is perfect. Just make sure you are using current releases, if possible, and ignore this thread which is aimed at internet explorer users.
  9. Joined
    27 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 16:16
    How do I check what version I am currently using ?
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Mar '13 21:37
    Originally posted by kingcolemk
    How do I check what version I am currently using ?
    In the menu line at the top of the screen, click Help, then click About .. and it will display the version number.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree