1. Joined
    29 Aug '07
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 21:45
    I am competing with familiar limited success in the hardcore tournament( 21 days no timebank for vaction phobic etc) one of my oponents has no time outs left, but is on vacation and continues to move, remaining in the game. He is well ahead on points but surely I can claim this timed match or have I missed something?
  2. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    09 Mar '11 23:20
    Hot topic here recently, I'm sure someone will furnish you with the appropriate thread. However, it stands presently that he's perfectly within his rights to throw his flag out in such a tourny, wrong though it is. A flag out in this type of affair should not protect him...why did he enter such a hardcore event it if he knew he was away at some point during its progress ...ask him such ??
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    10 Mar '11 11:20
    Originally posted by autolycus
    I am competing with familiar limited success in the hardcore tournament( 21 days no timebank for vaction phobic etc) one of my oponents has no time outs left, but is on vacation and continues to move, remaining in the game. He is well ahead on points but surely I can claim this timed match or have I missed something?
    The only thing you have missed is that while someone is on vacation you cannot time them out.
  4. Joined
    04 Jan '09
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 09:40
    Yeah it's BS. This has happened to me a couple of times. I personally think that vacation should not apply to timebank only tournaments. If you're going to be away then don;t play in these tourneys.
  5. Joined
    29 Aug '07
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 14:59
    Thanks for the advise. I have now let my time run down to one day and am going on vacation myself until he runs out of holiday time. It's not cricket but it is quite good fun...
  6. Joined
    29 Aug '07
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 15:01
    Excuse typo. I meant 'advice'.
  7. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 17:02
    Excuse typo. I meant 'advice'.
    Don't worry. No one around here ever points out misspelled words. 😛 🙄
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    10 Apr '11 23:17
    Don't worry, as long as you don't get mated. His vacation will expire and then you then claim the skull.

If your timebank gets low, you can go on vacation to prevent him from claiming the skull when (if) your timebank runs out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree