1. Joined
    02 Nov '10
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 17:26
    I am confused.....My clock keeps running although my vacation flag is set...when it reaches 0, does it stay there and I make my move at the end of my vacation? I assume I will not lose on a timeout
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 21:261 edit
    While your vacation flag remains up, you cannot be timed-out. That's the sole purpose of the vacation flag, it doesn't change the normal workings of the clock for either player. You will need to make a move before the flag disappears, otherwise you are exposed to timeout loss.

It's also not a good idea to create two separate Help threads asking the same question. If you wish to add to your first post, you have the Edit function available to you for about one hour.
  3. Joined
    12 Apr '11
    Moves
    29 Jan '13 02:55
    I don't understand how the "vacation" setting works. I set my vacation days from 12-26 January. I had 5 open tournament games with 3-day/14 day time bank settings. I made moves in every game on the 11th before I left for vacation, and returned to find that I'd lost all 5 to time bank losses. ??? Did I do something wrong?
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Jan '13 03:59
    Any chance you set the vacation flag for January 2012 instead of January 2013, or maybe January 2014? There are always two years available to you, check the headings on the Vacation page. The other possibility is that you didn't allow for timezone differences, all vacation times are UMT (Greenwich Mean Time).
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Jan '13 15:53
    It could also be that you didn't actually book the vacation. After marking your dates you have to press the button. Best to look up your vacation settings after that to make sure they ahve been booked.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 00:01
    I have a problem with my vacation settings. I booked a vacation from March 5th to March 10th 2013, inclusive. I found I didn't need all those days and have been trying to cancel the last four. The notes say they can be cancelled just by clicking on them, and I'm sure I've been able to do this in the past. However, nothing happens this time when I click on them to cancel. It's too late to cancel 7th; is there any way I can cancel 8th-10th?
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 00:23
    Originally posted by Tomboniboi
    I don't understand how the "vacation" setting works. I set my vacation days from 12-26 January. I had 5 open tournament games with 3-day/14 day time bank settings. I made moves in every game on the 11th before I left for vacation, and returned to find that I'd lost all 5 to time bank losses. ??? Did I do something wrong?
    Your flag came down on the 26th Jan' yet you were not timed out until the 28th Jan, two clear days after your return from holiday....all games were timed out by the RHP robot, all having the same '12:46hrs' finish time.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 05:17
    Originally posted by Startreader
    I have a problem with my vacation settings. I booked a vacation from March 5th to March 10th 2013, inclusive. I found I didn't need all those days and have been trying to cancel the last four. The notes say they can be cancelled just by clicking on them, and I'm sure I've been able to do this in the past. However, nothing happens this time when I click on them to cancel. It's too late to cancel 7th; is there any way I can cancel 8th-10th?
    Flag comes down at midnight GMT (Universal Time), not the time wherever you are. Has one of those passed since you attempted to cancel? Sorry, I can't re-create the situation myself, haven't a vacation to work with.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 09:56
    Yes, I was trying to cancel yesterday, from 7th, to include 8th, 9th and 10th. I still can't do it today. The vacation days panel seems totally unresponsive to being clicked as instructed.
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Mar '13 11:13
    Maybe send feedback, refer back to this thread to prove your times and dates. They ought to be able to fix it manually.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Mar '13 15:54
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Maybe send feedback, refer back to this thread to prove your times and dates. They ought to be able to fix it manually.
    Thanks, Kewpie 🙂
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '13 11:35
    Just for the record, I took Kewpie's advice and sent feedback. Russ is, as ever, a star, and he put it right! Thanks, Russ! 🙂
  13. Joined
    16 Jan '13
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 18:44
    Hi.

I´d like to ask how does vacations state really works. I have an opponent on vacations who I could see was / is playing other matches. After sending a message to him, he´s made a movement in ours.

I guess (let me know, please) that´s not ok and fair, cause acting that way his clock doesn´t advance, so his timebank remains the same.

Can you tell me if that behaviour is fair and what to do?

Thanks.

Regards.

MarioPP
  14. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 19:23
    Originally posted by mariopp

...Can you tell me if that behaviour is fair and what to do?...
    It is fair. One of the advantages of being a subscriber is the use of vacation as the individual member sees fit. The member may be on vacation (which really just means "immune from timeout losses" ) and move in no games, some games, or all games. It is their choice. Their clock is still running in the games including the time bank all the way down to zero. But if it reaches zero, there is no timeout (the dreaded skull icon) if the member is on vacation. Think of it as a member pays yearly dues to have vacation time they can use to give them breathing room at certain times in certain games.
  15. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 19:27
    Originally posted by mariopp
    Hi.

I´d like to ask how does vacations state really works. I have an opponent on vacations who I could see was / is playing other matches. After sending a message to him, he´s made a movement in ours.

I guess (let me know, please) that´s not ok and fair, cause acting that way his clock doesn´t advance, so his timebank remains the same.

Can you tell me if that behaviour is fair and what to do?

Thanks.

Regards.

MarioPP
    When on vacation, their clock continues to run when it is their move in any game. If all of their time is used then their time bank will also start running down.

They can still make moves in their games which will reset their time out period just the same as normally happens when they are not on vacation.

The only thing the vacation setting does for you is that you cannot be timed out while you are on vacation.

A word to the wise is to watch all of your games and make your moves when it is your turn. Do not assume that when someone is on vacation that they will not make any moves in your game with them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree