1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Jul '07 12:31
    If you return early from one how do you "unvacation" your profile?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Jul '07 13:09
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Vacations that are yet to start can be cancelled simply by clicking them.

I would say that means you can't come back early. At least you can still move.

P-
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Jul '07 13:191 edit
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Jul '07 13:22
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Vacations that are yet to start can be cancelled simply by clicking them.

I would say that means you can't come back early. At least you can still move.

P-
    Thanks. That's what I'm doing. Seems like there should be some way of removing the vacation flag and note if this happens though(as with the "old" system)
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Jul '07 13:24
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Thread 67403

😞
    So it can be canceled? That's good, because I see no reason to force someone to use a vacation if it gets canceled, postponed, or cut short.

I wonder how you do it though? You cancel tomorrow on?

P-
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Jul '07 19:471 edit
    Thanks. That's what I'm doing. Seems like there should be some way of removing the vacation flag and note if this happens though(as with the "old" system)
    If you decide not to cancel it when you don't need it,you are firstly wasting it and secondly possibly irritating some of your opponents.
    ----------------------------------

So it can be canceled? That's good, because I see no reason to force someone to use a vacation if it gets canceled, postponed, or cut short.

I wonder how you do it though? You cancel tomorrow on?

P-

Presumably.
    I'll test it out, in my next game.....🙁
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 11:16
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    If you decide not to cancel it when you don't need it,you are firstly wasting it and secondly possibly irritating some of your opponents.

[b]So it can be canceled? That's good, because I see no reason to force someone to use a vacation if it gets canceled, postponed, or cu ...[text shortened]...
    Presumably.
    I'll test it out, in my next game.....🙁
    All I was referring to was that I went away for what I thought was going to be a 3 day vacation that turned into a 2-1/2 day and not wanting to upset my opponents by playing while I was "on vacation" wnated to know how and if it were possible to remove the vacation setting before the predetermined time. But thanks for your input.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '07 15:25
    All I was referring to was that I went away for what I thought was going to be a 3 day vacation that turned into a 2-1/2 day and not wanting to upset my opponents by playing while I was "on vacation"
    Yeah, I guessed that's what you meant - I was just going by what I've read in the forums. Some people seem to get quite aeriated about it. 😀
  9. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    05 Jul '07 00:13
    I've just done it (back early from a business trip).

Go to 'My settings -> My Vacation Settings'
    There is a link at the top of the box to the left that cancels the current vacation period (it's only there if you are actually in a vacation period)
    It deletes remaining vacation days in the current vacation period, excluding 'today' ('today' being the day you click the link ending at midnight GMT).

The vacation flag is no longer an on/off toggle, it's a daily thing - measured in whole days, so coming off vacation only happens at the start of the next day (GMT).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree