1. Joined
    20 Jul '07
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 11:17
    Vacations again:
    Is there any way of knowing how long your opponents who are on vacation, have 1) Booked a vacation for 2) How long they have left
    it seems a bit strange that there is no indication as to how long you will have to wait for a move.
    Thanks SuperMac
  2. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 11:28
    I believe the answers are:

1- No

2- No

But if you're lucky they will have left a message on their profile giving you some idea.
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '07 11:45
    No chance - in any case they can cancel at any time they like and sneak back when you're not looking.

Mwuhahahaha!!!!
  4. Location: Location
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 08:41
    whilst your on the "vacation" subject:
    Im about to visit sunny spain for a week, and have booked the relevent period as vacation, but if i get a chance, im gonna try to pop to some local cyber cafe type affair and make what moves i can.
    - Is this possible? Unethical? Etc.

MT
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 09:24
    Originally posted by marmalade teacake
    Im about to visit sunny spain for a week, and have booked the relevent period as vacation, but if i get a chance, im gonna try to pop to some local cyber cafe type affair and make what moves i can.

MT
    It is possible and totally ethical.

Having said that, there are 1 or 2 players on the site who may complain because they want to be able to tell you what you can and can't do on your holiday.

D
  6. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 09:31
    Originally posted by marmalade teacake

MT
    Yes, you can move as often as you like when on vacation. The vacation option is really only there to prevent opponents from timing you out. It doesn't necessarily imply that you won't be able to make moves.

Indeed if you get the chance to make some moves whilst on holiday, you should definitely do so. Your opponents should be grateful because they won't have to wait so long for your next move.

If any of your opponents complain about you moving then they probably don't understand the purpose of the vacation system.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 14:13
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    Yes, you can move as often as you like when on vacation. The vacation option is really only there to prevent opponents from timing you out. It doesn't necessarily imply that you won't be able to make moves.

Indeed if you get the chance to make some moves whilst on holiday, you should definitely do so. Your opponents should be grateful because they won' ...[text shortened]... ain about you moving then they probably don't understand the purpose of the vacation system.
    rec'd
  8. Location: Location
    Moves
    06 Sep '07 17:44
    Thankee kindly guys. I'll do as planned, and a big raspberry to those who may complain.

MT

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree