1. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 16:311 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Many subs only play subs, many non-subs only play non subs.

Many subs are honest and will say if or when they plan to vacation... or promise to keep a non-sub's game moving.

Subs pay and have a feature of 36 extra days each year. If a non-sub wants vacation, or more games than 6 at a time, they can shell out money for a great service.

They are also welcome to play for free.

Nuff said.

P-
    Like I've said in the past, I still play vacation users if they are open about it......like you are.
    Unlike that other bloke probably is. 😕
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 17:23
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Like I've said in the past, I still play vacation users if they are open about it......like you are.
    Unlike [b]that other bloke
    probably is. 😕[/b]
    The other Bloke (me) used 7 vacation days out of a possible 36 last year, if memory serves me correctly.

I want the option to be able to use vacation days when ever I want, not be kept from doing so, because I am playing someone who is a non-sub! Why should I be punished, for them being non-subs?
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 17:40
    With equal rights, this conversations wouldn't be in the first place.
    Same rules gives fairness. If this present vacation system is good or not doesn't matter. It should be fair in the first place.

And as it is what it is noone shouldn't complain to anyone using it as it is, right? Noone should feel guilty about it when using it. If anyone, a non-sub par example, wants to complain, then do so - to Russ!
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 18:442 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    With equal rights, this conversations wouldn't be in the first place.
    Same rules gives fairness. If this present vacation system is good or not doesn't matter. It should be fair in the first place.

And as it is what it is noone shouldn't complain to anyone using it as it is, right? Noone should feel guilty about it when using it. If anyone, a non-sub par example, wants to complain, then do so - to Russ!
    Vacation is immunity from being timed out. You get 36 days of this at RHP IF you are a paying member. If you are not a paying member, perhaps you should buy 5 less drinks while ON vacation and buy a subscription to RHP if you're so worried about vacation time at RHP.

Russ works hard to make RHP a great place for subs and non subs, and there are MANY users that take advantage of that in my mind. Pay for the extra options if you desire them so bad.

These threads remind me of threads where Non Subs want 10 games rather than 6, or access to tournaments. Wanting something for free, something they don't really deserve if they don't want to pay for Russ' hard work. The hard work subs like me paid for.

This conversation wouldn't even come up if no one paid Russ, the site wouldn't exist anymore.

P-
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 19:57
    Vacation is immunity from being timed out. You get 36 days of this at RHP IF you are a paying member. If you are not a paying member, perhaps you should buy 5 less drinks while ON vacation and buy a subscription to RHP if you're so worried about vacation time at RHP.

Russ works hard to make RHP a great place for subs and non subs, and there are MANY u ...[text shortened]... ersation wouldn't even come up if no one paid Russ, the site wouldn't exist anymore.

P-
    6 games or 10 games or whatever... membership in clans, clubs, or siegegames... Avatars and other cosmetics... They are not a part of a game, once it has started. Immunity from time-outs is.

Once a game has started, everyone should play on the same conditions, that's fair. This is my opinion.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 21:191 edit

This conversation wouldn't even come up if no one paid Russ, the site wouldn't exist anymore.

P-
    Vacation system doesn't really affect me but I would prefer to play someone who doesn't have an ace up their sleeve.
    There must be a fairer way - I'd sooner play 3 games at a time with no vacation option than 6 with.

edit. or 2
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 21:56
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Vacation system doesn't really affect me but I would prefer to play someone who doesn't have an ace up their sleeve.
    There must be a fairer way - I'd sooner play 3 games at a time with no vacation option than 6 with.

edit. or 2
    The quick fix solution would be to play other non-subs, problem solved?
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '09 22:431 edit
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    The quick fix solution would be to play other non-subs, problem solved?
    Precisely!

It's what I've been recommending to non-subs since it was introduced.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree