Watch Blitz?

Standard memberTango421
Help 26 Mar '10 06:57
  1. Joined
    21 Feb '10
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 06:57
    Is it possible to watch others play Blitz games to understand what goes on and learn how to play without wasting other player's time? If it is possible through the Blitz start page, I cannot locate this feature. Thanks.
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    26 Mar '10 13:04
    Originally posted by Tango421
    Is it possible to watch others play Blitz games to understand what goes on and learn how to play without wasting other player's time? If it is possible through the Blitz start page, I cannot locate this feature. Thanks.
    Its not possible to watch others play blitz.

Blitz has a fast timecontrol, you start the game and keep playing it untill it finishes. Blitz games do not count for your rating. Blitz games use the drag and drop way to move pieces (opposite to 'normal' games where you click a piece, click a square to go to and hit Submit Move). Other then that all the normal chess rules apply.
  3. Joined
    21 Feb '10
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 00:081 edit
    Thanks. I understand "increment" is time allowed to make each move, But "Initial Time", is this time to start game, must you wait for this time to expire before beginning, or, is this a time constraint that the game must be finished in?
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 00:59
    Originally posted by Tango421
    Thanks. I understand "increment" is time allowed to make each move, But "Initial Time", is this time to start game, must you wait for this time to expire before beginning, or, is this a time constraint that the game must be finished in?
    No problem. I think Initial Time is indeed the time each player gets to finish the game. If you are the first to run out of time, then you lose. Increment is the time you get added to your Initial Time each time you make a move.

I could be wrong tho, dont often play blitz, lose alot on time out;(
  5. Joined
    21 Feb '10
    Moves
    27 Mar '10 01:40
    Thanks again. I gave it the once over - twice, and now think I may give it a try🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree