1. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 May '06 17:17
    take a look at this game Game 2056645 , can anyway just send a challenge at someone where they get mate in one move and you dont even get to play???? i know it does not affect my rating.. but it does affect my win vs loss..... kinda retarded that this is allowed..
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '05
    Moves
    08 May '06 17:49
    Originally posted by physurfer
    take a look at this game Game 2056645 , can anyway just send a challenge at someone where they get mate in one move and you dont even get to play???? i know it does not affect my rating.. but it does affect my win vs loss..... kinda retarded that this is allowed..
    Maybe you shouldn't play set games. I don't but they can be useful for some people. could you have done anything about it at all for example delete it? or was it sent then they moved.

Don't worry about your win/loss ratio it means nothing really compared with rating that give an indicator of skill.

Not sure what could be done about it. Add the player to ignore list.
  3. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 May '06 18:36

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 May '06 18:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 May '06 22:24
    ahhh, i didn't know about this ignore list.... will have to look into that... just kinda annoying that someone would want to do that in the first place.. anyways it really doesn't matter.. thanks for the tip on the ignore list
  6. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    08 May '06 22:52
    Originally posted by physurfer
    Ha ha hah, It looks like he must be using one heck of an engine. He has several identical games. (JK) Tricky suka! He has a nice plan though. If your plan is to make the most enemies as you can in the shortest time period. My first ignore. Thanks for the heads up.
  7. Earth Prime
    Moves
    08 May '06 23:36
    I don't believe set-piece games go in the win-loss
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 May '06 02:27
    Surely one has to accept the game first - then presumably after looking at the set up you can delete it can't you????

And don't you look at the set-up before you accept it anyway???

Maybe it's different for subscribers?
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 May '06 06:26
    He's on my ignore list too. But after a while I'll forget why.

I want to have the possibility to write a note why he is ignored, and perhaps also a expiration date so I can ban him for a period of time and then return to a non-ignore status.

Oh, by the way, a comment in my buddy list too, if you please...
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    09 May '06 09:491 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Surely one has to accept the game first - then presumably after looking at the set up you can delete it can't you????

And don't you look at the set-up before you accept it anyway???

Maybe it's different for subscribers?
    If I send you a game it appears in your list. If I am white in that game then I can move straight away and you would have the game in your list with 1. d4 already played. You could choose to delete the game (declining the game) or playing it (accepting).

Now imagine I send you a set piece game with myself to move first. I can move before you see it and if I set up the position so I have mate in 1 I can finish the game before you have the chance to delete it.

It should be noted that set piece games do not count in win-loss totals or at all really. They do however appear in your played games and could be considered annoying by both the victim and the site administration. Perhaps something will be done.
  11. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    10 May '06 13:11
    Yes, games can be started and completed before the other party has a chance to act (either play or delete). I have one such game on my record where white moved and immediately resigned, which I have been trying for weeks to get removed. Site admins are steadfastly ignoring me, so good luck.
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 May '06 14:121 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Now imagine I send you a set piece game with myself to move first. I can move before you see it and if I set up the position so I have mate in 1 I can finish the game before you have the chance to delete it.
    I'm staggered that this is allowed.

Thankfully they wouldn't be rated games but you are right, something needs to be done.

So it could be possible to ruin someones unbeaten record like this? Do that a few times to some of the top rated players and I'm betting it would be sorted fairly quickly.
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    10 May '06 19:33
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    I'm staggered that this is allowed.

Thankfully they wouldn't be rated games but you are right, something needs to be done.

So it could be possible to ruin someones unbeaten record like this? Do that a few times to some of the top rated players and I'm betting it would be sorted fairly quickly.
    As Coconut said, set piece games do not appear on your win-loss record.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '06 21:44
    That's hysterical! The guy just had to win a game somehow, I guess, no matter how lame and stupid.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree