Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 17 Nov '07 03:53
    what happens when the time expires on someone and we have not made three moves yet so i can still discard the game.....do i get to claim the win
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    17 Nov '07 05:51
    Originally posted by Tyler44C16
    what happens when the time expires on someone and we have not made three moves yet so i can still discard the game.....do i get to claim the win
    you either have a Trash Can to destroy game, or you have a Skull to claim a win.

    Trash can cancels game.

    Skull wins game.

    P-
  3. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    19 Nov '07 14:15
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    you either have a Trash Can to destroy game, or you have a Skull to claim a win.

    Trash can cancels game.

    Skull wins game.

    P-
    Skull everytime, Trash Can is a sign of WEAKNESS©!
  4. 30 Nov '07 19:11
    I make a move today and i'm inform that i lost the game. That i don't
    understand - Can you tell me why i lost. According to the board i didn't.

    Murray Wash
  5. 30 Nov '07 19:21
    I would like to know why i lost a game when i shouldn't have.

    M
  6. 30 Nov '07 20:01
    Originally posted by murraywash
    I would like to know why i lost a game when i shouldn't have.

    M
    Are you talking about this game: Game 4304187? It says it was a move timeout. Are you sure you really made a move today, or did you only try to make a move, but you had already been timed out?
  7. 30 Nov '07 20:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by murraywash
    I would like to know why i lost a game when i shouldn't have.

    M
    I always want to know why I lose too.
  8. 30 Nov '07 22:20
    Yes,game 4304187 -what happen is when i receive it it said the game
    was over i never had a chance to move and my last move was 1 day ago. I never saw anything about a time out clue me in. Thanks!

    M
  9. 30 Nov '07 22:47
    Originally posted by murraywash
    Yes,game 4304187 -what happen is when i receive it it said the game
    was over i never had a chance to move and my last move was 1 day ago. I never saw anything about a time out clue me in. Thanks!

    M
    It was probably a 1/0 game (1 day to make a move and no timebank), and your last move had been more than 24 hours ago. The only warning you get when you are running out of time is a sign in your game list (FAQ). Once you have run out of time, your opponent can claim the win without further notice. So make sure you move in time, and if you know you may not always be able to move within 24 hours, make sure you don't accept 1/0 games.
  10. 01 Dec '07 00:32
    If your opponent has timed you out and you don't believe you were out of time, check the dates and times in the game log. Only you can see that, by clicking on the "game lost" in your My Games list. If the dates and times in that log show that you were not timed out according to the time controls on that game, then you can "send feedback" to report a program fault. Be sure of your facts before doing that, you will also need to click on the "info" for the game to check time controls and the time bars for each person.
  11. 01 Dec '07 02:54
    I would like to thank Nordlys for all this great input as i am
    very new to all this, again thank you.

    Murray
  12. 01 Dec '07 02:57
    Miss Oleum you also shared some good info and insight
    i'll have to be on my P's & Q's from here out thank you.

    Murray