Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 15 Feb '07 20:12
    What is the immortal game? (weww.playtheimmortalgame.com) Is it just a pointless mirror website? Who made it? Why?

It is very confusing...

111sun
  2. 15 Feb '07 20:32
    Originally posted by 111sun
    What is the immortal game? (weww.playtheimmortalgame.com) Is it just a pointless mirror website? Who made it? Why?

It is very confusing...

111sun
    The immortal game is chess.

weww.playtheimmortalgame.com is a chess website you just typed its forums. The God of RHP, mr. Russ, created this lovely option.

There's also www.redhotpawn.com, timeforchess.com and chessatwork.com. They're all the same thin'.

Why? Just for the heck of it. (also the colors)

Don't be so confused, there are more confusing things than this in life. Trust me.

I hope this helped. Good luck and welcome to our community,

Gino
  3. 15 Feb '07 20:32
    Thank you very much.
  4. 15 Feb '07 20:35
    Originally posted by El President
    Thank you very much.
    I did not explain that to you. Do not thank me.
  5. Standard member English Tal
    Phoneless
    15 Feb '07 21:21

It is very confusing...

111sun
    Anderssen-Kieseritsky, London, 1851
  6. Standard member Daemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateā„¢
    16 Feb '07 00:13
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    The immortal game is chess.

weww.playtheimmortalgame.com is a chess website you just typed its forums. The God of RHP, mr. Russ, created this lovely option.

There's also www.redhotpawn.com, timeforchess.com and chessatwork.com. They're all the same thin'.

Why? Just for the heck of it. (also the colors)

Don't be so confused, there are more confusing ...[text shortened]... is in life. Trust me.

I hope this helped. Good luck and welcome to our community,

Gino
    You forgot Redhotchess.com
  7. 16 Feb '07 02:02

It is very confusing...

111sun
    Thread 50971
  8. 16 Feb '07 06:32 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    You forgot Redhotchess.com
    I always tend to forget the great

www.redhotchess.com

It is another excellent chess website.
  9. 16 Feb '07 22:40
    What is the immortal game? (weww.playtheimmortalgame.com)
    basically the best website ever.
  10. 18 Feb '07 19:03
    It's for those players whose womenfolk don't have a sense of humour and may get offended by the innuendo of RedHotPawn. This is a minority since most users seem to refer to RHP in their chats.
  11. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    18 Feb '07 19:45
    yes playtheimmortalgame.com is just another mirror site but not a pointless one. It was created for and connected to the release of David Shenk's book "The Immortal Game (A history of chess)":

http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday/immortalgame/
  12. 22 Feb '07 00:57
    Originally posted by MCA
    yes playtheimmortalgame.com is just another mirror site but not a pointless one. It was created for and connected to the release of David Shenk's book "[b]The Immortal Game (A history of chess)":

http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday/immortalgame/[/b]
    And a good book it is, especially for any one looking for chess history. I seems also to have brought a lot of lapsed players back to the game