1. Standard memberMrJohn
    A Chess Friend :-)
    Texas :-)
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 19:08
    I've posted a few comments in various forums recently. To see if anyone has replied, I search the forums on my name, then click on the threads that come up on the search, then look to see if anyone has responded to my post.

Is there an easier way?

Many thanks! :-)
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 19:297 edits
    Firefox @ http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
    Greasemonkey @ https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748
    Userscripts @ http://murl.se/20796
    = green dot next to threads you have posted in.
    and more stuff. [see developers forum]

Also your threads [posts] are bookmarked, if you want, in a folder; and there is then a button next to the recommended posts button at the top to access them.
  3. Standard memberMrJohn
    A Chess Friend :-)
    Texas :-)
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 22:21
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Also your threads [posts] are bookmarked, if you want, in a folder; and there is then a button next to the recommended posts button at the top to access them.
    Oh? Does bookmarking threads/posts require firefox also?

Thx! :-)
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 22:22
    Originally posted by MrJohn

Get it, you will not be sorry.

Other than that, save your page in a bookmark or 'favorites' folder.

I switched to FireFox about a month or so back... wish I did when I first heard about it.

P-
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 13:041 edit
    Originally posted by MrJohn

For the auto-bookmarking of your own threads/posts and the manual bookmarking of others you need FF and the greasemonkey script. [I'm not certain what is included in the extension]
    The option to bookmark button will appear next to the edit/quote/alert/recommend post links under the text input box.
    Also a button will appear at the top of the page next to the recommended posts list button.

Try it you won't regret it.

Of course, you could bookmark them with Internet Explorer but it is a real PITA. 🙁
  6. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 13:52
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    For the auto-bookmarking of your own threads/posts and the manual bookmarking of others you need FF and the greasemonkey script. [I'm not certain what is included in the extension]
    The option to bookmark button will appear next to the edit/quote/alert/recommend post links under the text input box.
    Also a button will appear at the top of the page n ...[text shortened]... it.

Of course, you could bookmark them with Internet Explorer but it is a real PITA. 🙁
    I did all of this today and I am rather impressed.

(... and a little disapointed that I didn't do it ages ago when I first heard about it.)
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 14:23
    Originally posted by MCA
    I did all of this today and I am rather impressed.

(... and a little disapointed that I didn't do it ages ago when I first heard about it.)
    That's what I said! Takes about half an hour or less to get all set up and enjoy the features.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree