1. Joined
    07 Apr '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '06 14:17
    I've seen this user - IronMan31 's profile
    what happened that his rating dropped to 500 all of a sudden.
    was he found guilty of cheating?

thnx
    Zera
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jul '06 14:29
    Ironman won 1000 games, lost only one . Jealous people decided he was teh cheetar. When you get banned for using a program, your rating goes down to 500 automatically. Why they keep them on the active list is beyond me. Out of the 11,000 players here, I wonder how many actually are playing?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '06 16:17
    Originally posted by JokerFive
    Ironman won 1000 games, lost only one . Jealous people decided he was teh cheetar. When you get banned for using a program, your rating goes down to 500 automatically. Why they keep them on the active list is beyond me. Out of the 11,000 players here, I wonder how many actually are playing?
    So it sounds very much like you don't agree with the decision to pull his account. The thing is, there is no way even for someone like Kasparov to come up with hundreds of moves that match a particular engine/cpu combination. You may think they are just guessing or something but its a pretty exact science now. People CANNOT match programs move after move game after game. They just don't play like computers. If someone wins 999 games out of 1000 he is either a GM, which Ironman31 wasn't by any means, a check on his past rating showed him to be about 2000 or so in correspondence games around the year 2003 and such a player would be unlikely to get to 2400 points in three years, or he is using an engine. Not much other choice there. He is also a FIDE game arbiter so the shame of this is even higher than usual.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jul '06 16:37
    No i agree entirely with the decision, he was a prog user. He was so greedy that it finally caught up with him.
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Jul '06 17:52
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So it sounds very much like you don't agree with the decision to pull his account. The thing is, there is no way even for someone like Kasparov to come up with hundreds of moves that match a particular engine/cpu combination. You may think they are just guessing or something but its a pretty exact science now. People CANNOT match programs move after move ga ...[text shortened]... choice there. He is also a FIDE game arbiter so the shame of this is even higher than usual.
    It's not the fact that he won almost every game it's the move matching that matters. It doesn't matter who Ironman was or is in real life or whether he was or is lying. He used an engine and he got banned for that. Nothing else.
  6. Las Vegas, NV
    Moves
    15 Jul '06 21:56
    I'm having some trouble understanding what this player is doing. Players name is( nemesco) Tournament is(April 06 Group banded 1400-1449;Rnd 1) Games being played against me (melr11) are #1969582 and #1969607 7 days movebank and 14 days timeout. Started 4-9-06 at5:28 No vacation timeout posted. His last move was on 7-10-06 at 16:41 and his time left is 2.3 and has been for atleast one week. How is this possible? Are players on this site doing some- thing or is there a problem with the site?.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jul '06 22:54
    Originally posted by melr11
    I'm having some trouble understanding what this player is doing. Players name is( nemesco) Tournament is(April 06 Group banded 1400-1449;Rnd 1) Games being played against me (melr11) are #1969582 and #1969607 7 days movebank and 14 days timeout. Started 4-9-06 at5:28 No vacation timeout posted. His last move was on 7-10-06 at 16:41 and his time left is 2.3 ...[text shortened]... this possible? Are players on this site doing some- thing or is there a problem with the site?.
    Because you are clicking the "info" which shows how much timebank he has left. If you go into the game you will see his move time is still running. His timebank will not change again until he runs out of his move time (7 days a move)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree