1. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 05:37
    I just won two clan games against the same player by timeout (he didn't move) but my rating didn't change, although clan games are supposed to be rated, even if they timeout that way.

Is there some delay involved?
  2. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 07:36
    If a game times out too early, it counts as unrated: FAQ
  3. The sky
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 12:54
    Originally posted by mathemos
    ... although clan games are supposed to be rated, even if they timeout that way.
    Clan games can't be deleted, and if they time out at the beginning of the game, it will count as a win/loss (both for the player and for the challenge). But ratingwise they work just like any other games.
  4. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 20:26
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Clan games can't be deleted, and if they time out at the beginning of the game, it will count as a win/loss (both for the player and for the challenge). But ratingwise they work just like any other games.
    It didn't work that way for me. Cf. http://www.redhotpawn.com/clanchallenge/viewchallenge.php?challengeid=151550
  5. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 21:16
    It didn't work that way for me. Cf. http://www.redhotpawn.com/clanchallenge/viewchallenge.php?challengeid=151550
    1. games with less than 3 moves do not count toward ratings
    2. games with less than 3 moves still count re points for a clan challenge
    3. games can be deleted if less than 3 moves except if a clan game

The game you refer to Game 151550 was played to a completion therefore rating points come into play. As a "p" rated player you will not see the true reflection on your ratings with a result until after you have completed 20 rated games.
  6. The sky
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 21:46
    In what way did it not work for you that way? The games don't show up in your graph, and you said yourself in your first post that they had not been rated. They also show up as wins in the clan challenge. Did they not count as wins in your statistics?
  7. The sky
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 21:46
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    The game you refer to Game 151550
    Xe was referring to a clan challenge, not a game. In those games, xyr opponent didn't move at all.
  8. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 23:16
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    1. games with less than 3 moves do not count toward ratings
    2. games with less than 3 moves still count re points for a clan challenge
    3. games can be deleted if less than 3 moves except if a clan game

The game you refer to Game 151550 was played to a completion therefore rating points come into play. As a "p" rated player you will not see the true reflection on your ratings with a result until after you have completed 20 rated games.
    1. they do if they are clan games. Clan games are rated and eligible for time outs even if no moves are made. See Help->Clans->Clan Games.
    2. and 3. no argument

I was not a participant in the game you refer to. I dropped the "p" rating years ago. You took the number of the challenge to be a game rather than the complete URL, which takes you to a pair of games. The games I referred to were Game 5535896 and Game 5535895.
  9. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 23:281 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    In what way did it not work for you that way? The games don't show up in your graph, and you said yourself in your first post that they had not been rated. They also show up as wins in the clan challenge. Did they not count as wins in your statistics?
    The games, Game 5535896 and Game 5535895, were clan games (cf. the URL I posted above which takes you to my games in a clan challenge and compare the game numbers with those above).

I should have been more clear in my first post that these were rated games. If you search my Public Games you can see that they were rated games, which I won by timeout. The Public Games table also shows that my rating was not updated, which is supposed to happen right away, is it not?
  10. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    26 Oct '08 23:54
    1. they do if they are clan games. Clan games are rated and eligible for time outs even if no moves are made. See Help->Clans->Clan Games.
    2. and 3. no argument

I was not a participant in the game you refer to. I dropped the "p" rating years ago. You took the number of the challenge to be a game rather than the complete URL, which takes you to a pair of games. The games I referred to were Game 5535896 and Game 5535895.
    I repeat, even if a game is rated - all games with less than 3 moves although they can be claimed with a timeout or deleted if not a clan game Do Not Affect Either Players Rating
    Your clan gets the 2 points from the challenge Clan challenge 151550 but as far as rating points are concerned neither player was affected.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree