1. Joined
    27 Jul '07
    Moves
    07 Jan '11 21:53
    I'm sure this is a frequent question and I promise I've looked at the FAQ, but I can't work out how to put a game up on a forum post (interactive board etc.). I have a few games saved as PGN files but don't know how to 'paste' the text of the PGN. Where is the text of a PGN files in FICS or ICC for example? Or indeed RHP?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Jan '11 22:02
    Originally posted by witchfyndergeneral
    I'm sure this is a frequent question and I promise I've looked at the FAQ, but I can't work out how to put a game up on a forum post (interactive board etc.). I have a few games saved as PGN files but don't know how to 'paste' the text of the PGN. Where is the text of a PGN files in FICS or ICC for example? Or indeed RHP?
    Thanks in advance.
    Here at RHP click any game. Near side of board is this text:
    "Get PGN of this game"

There are also ways to send all your games at once, but I'm not familiar with it.

If you want to share pgn in a forum post, I think the code is [ pgn ]gamenumber[ /pgn ]

Just remove the spaces and insert the game number located in the page url.

Good luck.
  3. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    09 Jan '11 09:30
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    If you want to share pgn in a forum post, I think the code is [ pgn ]gamenumber[ /pgn ]
    That is incorrect. The gamenumer/id is used to paste a link to your game in a forum post. Like: [gid] number [/gid]

This page explains how to make a pgn in a forum post: FAQ
  4. Joined
    27 Jul '07
    Moves
    09 Jan '11 20:22
    OK thanks.
    but how do I get the text to paste? If I save a game as a PGN, it's only available in a reader, for example Fritz, where can I find the text to paste?
  5. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    09 Jan '11 23:20
    Originally posted by witchfyndergeneral
    OK thanks.
    but how do I get the text to paste? If I save a game as a PGN, it's only available in a reader, for example Fritz, where can I find the text to paste?
    I think there are two ways to get the PGN of a game;

1. You view your own game as you can make a move in it, or finished game, from the "My Games" page.
    Right under in the menu below the Submit button is a link "info". Click it, get a popup, click on "Get PGN/FEN", select the moves, make a copy, etc.
    2. You view your own game as from a public point of view (click on the tournament or clanchallenge the game belongs to and select it in there again), or someone elses game.
    Click on the "Get PGN of this game" link in the menu, select the moves, make a copy, etc.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Jan '11 13:48
    Originally posted by zozozozo
    That is incorrect. The gamenumer/id is used to paste a link to your game in a forum post. Like: [gid] number [/gid]

This page explains how to make a pgn in a forum post: FAQ
    What's incorrect? I was sharing a PGN, not a link to the game.

P-
  7. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    Moves
    10 Jan '11 23:20
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    What's incorrect? I was sharing a PGN, not a link to the game.

P-
    I know, and you cant share pgns like that.

Example:

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree