1. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 01:38
    Why are they apparently anonymous? I have no ulterior motives other than to seek reassurance of a balanced approach. As a longtime member of this site, I have felt uneasy about some recent decisions (not concerning me directly).
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 02:38
    Originally posted by drdon
    Why are they apparently anonymous? I have no ulterior motives other than to seek reassurance of a balanced approach. As a longtime member of this site, I have felt uneasy about some recent decisions (not concerning me directly).
    they have mods for the clan forums now?

i used to just mod my own forums, which I never really had to do except when I let in phlabs or one of his cronies
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 05:21
    Clan and club forums are moderated by the leader only - they're the only one with the appropriate "kill switch". Public forums are moderated by anonymous members because of past events. If moderators are known they can be hounded/stalked by people who object to their decisions, so the avenue of appeal now is to administration people only.
  4. Forum Moderator
    18 Sep '11 11:25
    Originally posted by drdon
    Please use site feedback if you are unhappy with any moderation of the forums on the website.
  5. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 13:12
    Originally posted by Forum Moderator
    Please use site feedback if you are unhappy with any moderation of the forums on the website.
    This would be so if the matter was a complaint. It's not. The issue is worthy of free and open forum discussion and should not be sat on because some would rather bury the issue.
  6. Standard memberdrdon
    His Mateship
    Glowing in the dark
    Moves
    18 Sep '11 13:41
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Clan and club forums are moderated by the leader only - they're the only one with the appropriate "kill switch". Public forums are moderated by anonymous members because of past events. If moderators are known they can be hounded/stalked by people who object to their decisions, so the avenue of appeal now is to administration people only.
    You are right.
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 01:53
    Originally posted by Forum Moderator
    I'm curious as to why some mods are \ were happy to use their own I.D here and others not..perhaps it's a case of personal preference, some insisting the bright red 'forum moderator' has more IMPACT 🙂
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 02:04
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    I'm curious as to why some mods are \ were happy to use their own I.D here and others not..perhaps it's a case of personal preference, some insisting the bright red 'forum moderator' has more IMPACT 🙂
    If you're talking about this thread, who here is a moderator?
  9. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    19 Sep '11 22:12
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    If you're talking about this thread, who here is a moderator?
    I know who it is, I'm unsure whether he'd want me to say...that's why I asked why some mods 'appear' to have no issue with others knowing who they are yet others effectively 'hide' behind the big red forum mod' moniker ..I'm curious, perhaps some have had hassle from folk not overly happy with their 'judgements' here 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree