Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 03 May '06 20:37
    Now the monthly banded torunament are presented but I can't join! Why?

    I have a (last 30 days) rating in the band 1450-1499 and such band is not presented, what should I do? I just want to enter but I'm not welcome!

    Please, anyone, what should I do?
  2. 03 May '06 21:27
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Now the monthly banded torunament are presented but I can't join! Why?

    I have a (last 30 days) rating in the band 1450-1499 and such band is not presented, what should I do? I just want to enter but I'm not welcome!

    Please, anyone, what should I do?
    Use the time you would otherwise have spent playing in the tournament to go to a Chessoholics Anonymous meeting.
  3. 03 May '06 21:50
    I had the same problem, If i was you i would stay away from most of the tournaments as there are so many players with artificial ratings that you have little chance of winning.

    By this i mean their rating says 1450 for example but when you check their profile graph it shows them rated 200-400 points higher. I also do not see the point in entering the grouped tournaments as what chance do you have against Grandmasters once they enter.

    There is a positive side to playing higher rated players but if they are well above you own ratings its a waste of time. If i was you i would stick to clan games as most of these games are a fair reflection on your own ability.
  4. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    03 May '06 22:32
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

    Please, anyone, what should I do?
    You should have had patience. The tournament is created now. They just forgot.
  5. 03 May '06 22:55
    Yes i see that it has thanks but lets just see how many of the 1450 - 1499 players stay at that rating. After 2 weeks there will be countless high 1500's and 1600 rated players in that band, thats what puts me off.
  6. 03 May '06 22:58
    I think you being eligible for a banded tournament should be taken from your rating on your profile graph over all and not by your rating in the last 30 days. This would stop all the freeloaders spoiling the fun of entering a tournament will the hope of winning it.
  7. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    03 May '06 23:12
    Originally posted by greenphantom
    This would stop all the freeloaders spoiling the fun of entering a tournament will the hope of winning it.
    I take it you are not referring to the 'non subscriber scums'?
  8. 03 May '06 23:28
    oh i stay well away from non subs thats asking for trouble as you might as well play you pc.
    This site is so cheap to join i can not see why these players do not join and get all the extra benifits if they love chess so much.

    Unless of course all those non subs who have never lost more than a game or two are of course real grand master then i'm sorry lol.
  9. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    04 May '06 00:10
    Originally posted by greenphantom
    oh i stay well away from non subs thats asking for trouble as you might as well play you pc.
    This site is so cheap to join i can not see why these players do not join and get all the extra benifits if they love chess so much.

    Unless of course all those non subs who have never lost more than a game or two are of course real grand master then i'm sorry lol.
    How are subs who enter under-rated banded tourneys freeloaders? Isn't that name reserved for non-subs who therefore cannot enter tourneys?
  10. 04 May '06 02:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by greenphantom
    oh i stay well away from non subs thats asking for trouble as you might as well play you pc.
    I resent that prejudiced view of us freeloaders. Playing a non-sub scumbag is nothing like playing a pc, by which I take to mean you are implying they are all cheats.
  11. 04 May '06 06:40
    Thanks for all support.
    I mailed Feedback and now the torunament is created and I've entered.
  12. 04 May '06 19:13
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Thanks for all support.
    I mailed Feedback and now the torunament is created and I've entered.
    good luck in the tourny
  13. 04 May '06 19:45
    Originally posted by trevor33
    good luck in the tourny
    Thank you, Trevor.
    I do my best to get some wins.
  14. 04 May '06 22:04
    I do not mean everyone who doesnt sub is a cheat at all. My point is there are alot of non subs who because they dont pay to play on this site think its ok to use software etc. Just check the open games list every nite of the week to see how many non subs have amazing records or are grandmaster level.

    I get more frustrated when people chuck games and timeout to get their score low enough to enter lower banded tournaments (This refers to subs obviously) It doesnt really help there cause anyway as so many people do it in tournaments now.

    I found that entering tournaments is a risk to your rating because you lose so many points getting beat by artifical rated players.This is why i stay away from most tournaments nowand stick to clan games which are hard enough sometimes.

    I'm sure there are many good non subs out there but there are alot of dodgy types too. All i know is is a player is paying to play on this site is less likely to use unfair tactics to win.

    I love tournaments and wish i could play in one that gives everyone a chance but unless people are judged on their profile graph rating and not their rating in the last 30 days I cant see a fair enviroment to play in sorry.
  15. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    05 May '06 02:37
    Originally posted by greenphantom
    I do not mean everyone who doesnt sub is a cheat at all. My point is there are alot of non subs who because they dont pay to play on this site think its ok to use software etc. Just check the open games list every nite of the week to see how many non subs have amazing records or are grandmaster level.

    I get more frustrated when people chuck games and ...[text shortened]... rating and not their rating in the last 30 days I cant see a fair enviroment to play in sorry.
    Say you played on this site back when Ironman was the top player. Say you drew him in a tourney. How many points would you lose if (when) you lost to his engine?

    Answer: zero.

    Also, you never did answer why you called banded tourney entrants exploiting the banding system freeloaders. Surely they paid for the site the same as you yourself have.