1. Joined
    10 Nov '09
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 19:47
    its just that sometimes when im playing a game it doesnt let me move even when its a move you can do. i need feedback please
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 20:11
    Originally posted by RyanSpash
    its just that sometimes when im playing a game it doesnt let me move even when its a move you can do. i need feedback please
    A general rule is this:
    If you try to do a move that doesn't work and it leaves pink squares behind - then it's an illegal move that the system doesn't allow you to do.

Try to find out why the system doesn't allow you to do the move you want:
    If is it a castling, then read about the castling move in detail.
    If it is a en passant move, then read about the e.p. move in detail.
    If you cannot move the king, see if the square is in check.
    If you cannot move another piece, see if your king is in check, or will be, in check. Etc.

If you have doesn't all these checkings and still don't understand why the system allow you to do the move, then use the Help forum. Tell which game it is, and what move you want to do.
    If you cannot get any help from there, then send a feedback to the game moderator. Use the link in the bottom of each page.
    However, this takes unneccesary time. Try to find out the answer yourself first.
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '09
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 12:56
    thanks for the help but i have just discovered why it wasnt working. it was because i thought the queen looked like a king and the king looked like the queen. but its all ok now. thanks for your help again
  4. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 14:15
    i thought the queen looked like a king...
    Be careful what bars you go into. 😛
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    14 Nov '09 15:19
    thanks for the help but i have just discovered why it wasnt working. it was because i thought the queen looked like a king and the king looked like the queen. but its all ok now. thanks for your help again
    I don't know what board and piece graphics you are using, but you can change them to a variety of sizes, styles and colors by going to "My Settings > My board settings" located at the top of the page.

If you make any changes to your settings, make sure you click the update button located at the bottom of the page before you exit, otherwise your changes will not register.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree