Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 16 Jul '06 07:02
  2. 16 Jul '06 07:03
    *I hit enter before I typed the body, sorry*

My friend and I just registered to play a couple games tonight and we can't figure out why this isn't mate.
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/playchess.php?gameid=2274020
    We could be overlooking some small or technical thing because we haven't played in a while, but I was wondering if anybody here could enlighten us.
  3. Standard member mrmist
    Moo
    16 Jul '06 08:02
    There is still a valid move that could be made.

Not sure what more I can say really.
  4. Subscriber Peakite
    Sais
    16 Jul '06 08:15
    As there is only one possible move here (and a friendly game) - I suggest you read the rules of the game on the site carefully, especially the section on en passant.
  5. 16 Jul '06 09:31 / 1 edit
    If black doesn't find the move - is it mate then?
    Is his only option to give up?
    Or is it a draw because there isn't any move to be found from both sides?
  6. Subscriber RosePetal
    Aromatic
    16 Jul '06 11:46 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If black doesn't find the move - is it mate then?
    Is his only option to give up?
    Or is it a draw because there isn't any move to be found from both sides?
    Very good question.. quite an interesting game.. hmmm.. chess books may help.. or the faq questions on the site
  7. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    16 Jul '06 13:02
    omigod i don't believe you let that game slip out of your fingers damn you are teh suuuuuuuuuuuuck.........an you don't even know what a stalemate is? Something else you might like to look up is capturing "en passant", that's another nice to know rule, fool
  8. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    16 Jul '06 13:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    omigod i don't believe you let that game slip out of your fingers damn you are teh suuuuuuuuuuuuck.........an you don't even know what a stalemate is? Something else you might like to look up is capturing "en passant", that's another nice to know rule, fool
    lol I knew it was just a matter of time for your big mouth Gavina. Grow up fool. Not a very good attempt either I will have you know.
  9. Subscriber RosePetal
    Aromatic
    16 Jul '06 13:25
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Not very original there Xanthos...

Originally posted by JokerFive
    omigod i don't believe you let that game slip out of your fingers damn you are teh suuuuuuuuuuuuck.........an you don't even know what a stalemate is? Something else you might like to look up is capturing "en passant", that's another nice to know rule, fool hmmm
  10. 16 Jul '06 13:41
    Hmm, indeed...