1. Joined
    19 Aug '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 23:55
    Hi - My game partner made his reply move to mine and found the game immediately declared a win for him. Trouble is, I am not even in check. Plenty of room to move for me; he is actually the one in danger (but not in check either). As neither of us is in check, nor time trouble, how can this be a win (or loss)? Here is a link to the game - Game 5560920

Thx - RunsWithScissors
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 00:09
    Originally posted by RunsWithScissors
    Hi - My game partner made his reply move to mine and found the game immediately declared a win for him. Trouble is, I am not even in check. Plenty of room to move for me; he is actually the one in danger (but not in check either). As neither of us is in check, nor time trouble, how can this be a win (or loss)? Here is a link to the game - Game 5560920

Thx - RunsWithScissors
    Oops.

This looks like quite a serious bug ...
    Send feedback (link at the bottom of the page) and lets hope that the circumstances for causing this to happen are rare.
  3. Joined
    19 Aug '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 00:50
    Thanks - I've submitted the feedback as requested. Pretty odd to have one's game end this way (especially while winning (smile)).
  4. Standard memberO Artem O
    ParTizan
    Philadelphia, USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 02:15
    i not it says it "ended" in a checkmate but did the time run out?
  5. Joined
    19 Aug '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 04:20
    No, the time didn't run out - we both were ok. It just decided that my opponent had won. Bizzare....
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 08:00
    Originally posted by RunsWithScissors

Thx - RunsWithScissors
    Some new board interface code was introduced yesterday with the conditional moves.

This serious bug may have been introduced then.

D
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 10:35
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Some new board interface code was introduced yesterday with the conditional moves.

This serious bug may have been introduced then.

D
    This issue is not related to conditional moves themselves (there were none for this game). The game has been re-created and it does not end when the identical situation is re-created. Therefore, the cause of this odd mate decision is unknown.

I have restarted the game so you can finish it.

If anyone notices/hears of another instance of a problem like this, please send feedback ASAP. Thanks.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 10:41
    Originally posted by Russ
    This issue is not related to conditional moves themselves (there were none for this game). The game has been re-created and it does not end when the identical situation is re-created. Therefore, the cause of this odd mate decision is unknown.

I have restarted the game so you can finish it.

If anyone notices/hears of another instance of a problem like this, please send feedback ASAP. Thanks.
    I thought you mentioned in the beta testers update message that there was new board interface code being released along with the conditional moves?

I just thought that it was a bit of a coincidence that such a rare bug manifest itself the day after roll-out.

D
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Nov '08 10:50
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I thought you mentioned in the beta testers update message that there was new board interface code being released along with the conditional moves?

I just thought that it was a bit of a coincidence that such a rare bug manifest itself the day after roll-out.

D
    Yes, there was. But that should be unrelated to this, fortunately.

In this case, it was an error in the move validation code which analyses the current state of the board after the move to check for mate.
  10. Joined
    11 Feb '07
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 12:15
    this just happened to me

game: 5670858

Game 5670858
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 12:30
    Originally posted by lgroccia
    this just happened to me

Game 5670858
    Oops.

Send feedback (link at the bottom of the page) and lets hope that the circumstances for causing this to happen are rare.
  12. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 14:02
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Oops.

Mmm ...
  13. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 14:09
    Originally posted by lgroccia
    this just happened to me

Game 5670858
    While you're following the advice posted by FabianFnas you could try asking myqueensaslaaart if they resigned at the point the game was marked wrongly as checkmate - someone else mentioned resigning and the game being marked incorrectly too.
    Did you have any conditional moves lined up on this game?
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 14:571 edit
    Originally posted by orangutan
    Mmm ...
    Oh yes, it is orangutans words, I forgot to tell...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree