1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 15:00
    As from January 1st 2009, subscriptions will rise to $39.95 annually.

This increase will only affect new subscribers*.

*If you do not use recurring billing (you subscribed via another method other than credit card or cancelled a card order), then the new rate will apply.

If you are an existing subscriber on a recurring billing, the old rate will continue as long as the card details are kept valid.
  2. Amsterdam
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 15:34
    Originally posted by Russ
    If you are an existing subscriber on a recurring billing, the old rate will continue as long as the card details are kept valid.
    Good service! ๐Ÿ™‚
  3. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 21:27
    There were times when you mentioned a subscription will not go beyond the 29.95 dollars. Shortly said after the previous raise, just after I got my 19.95 subscription back in October 2004.

Have you invested RHP money in one of those tumbled banks?
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateโ„ข
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 22:40
    Originally posted by Aiko
    There were times when you mentioned a subscription will not go beyond the 29.95 dollars. Shortly said after the previous raise, just after I got my 19.95 subscription back in October 2004.

Have you invested RHP money in one of those tumbled banks?
    I'd imagine that it's more to do with server costs (especially bandwidth).

The webhost that this site uses is pretty much the best in the business and it doesn't come cheap.
  5. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 06:31
    I have been playing on this website for years now and have only bought a subscription once. These people (RHP) honestly do not know the impact of pricing in other countries and now having a 30% increase for new subscribers was just not good thinking from my point of view. If there is a bandwidth problem, it cannot be because of the new subscribers, cause its the current subscribers mostly using the system. While I do hope RHP will always make money, it seems that more people like me will have to settle with the basic free stuff as it is unaffordable.

If these guys can think out of the box, I guess by having 2 or 3 types of packages, there will be more subscribers, isn't it?
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 06:59
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    I have been playing on this website for years now and have only bought a subscription once. These people (RHP) honestly do not know the impact of pricing in other countries and now having a 30% increase for new subscribers was just not good thinking from my point of view. If there is a bandwidth problem, it cannot be because of the new subscribers, cause it ...[text shortened]... the box, I guess by having 2 or 3 types of packages, there will be more subscribers, isn't it?
    the fact is that most of the subs here are either from north america or europe where a $10 increase isn't even an hour at work for everyone....30 mins at work for the majority and 15 mins of work or less for some....taking this factor into account it's not really that much to ask for.

the world isn't fair why should RHP be?
  7. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    13 Dec '08 13:00

[b]This increase will only affect new subscribers*

*If you do not use recurring billing (you subscribed via another method other than credit card or cancelled a card order), then the new rate will apply.

If you are an existing subscriber on a recurring billing, the old rate will continue as long as the card details are kept valid.[/b]
    Russ,
    How much of this increase is due to recent fluctuations in the currency markets?
    As you are UK based and you take money in pounds Sterling from my UK card, can my subscription remain the same in pounds Sterling as I paid last time?
  8. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    13 Dec '08 16:17
    Originally posted by c99ux
    Russ,
    How much of this increase is due to recent fluctuations in the currency markets?
    As you are UK based and you take money in pounds Sterling from my UK card, can my subscription remain the same in pounds Sterling as I paid last time?
    The way I understand it RHP uses 2Checkout.com to process payment - and all the transactions are carried out in $US.

If you keep your card details up-to-date with the 2Checkout people (via the subscription link) then they'll charge the same $ amount as they did last time (whatever that may happen to be).
    The Sterling amount actually charged to your card will depend on the exchange rate in force at the time of the transaction.
    This is what's happened with my account in the past anyway.
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    16 Dec '08 13:48
    I have been playing on this website for years now and have only bought a subscription once. These people (RHP) honestly do not know the impact of pricing in other countries and now having a 30% increase for new subscribers was just not good thinking from my point of view. If there is a bandwidth problem, it cannot be because of the new subscribers, cause it ...[text shortened]... the box, I guess by having 2 or 3 types of packages, there will be more subscribers, isn't it?
    Rec'd.

It was too much for me before the rise, so in the words of Duncan Bannatyne; "it's for that reason I'm out. But good luck with that". ๐Ÿ˜‰
  10. Joined
    30 Jun '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 09:29

If these guys can think out of the box, I guess by having 2 or 3 types of packages, there will be more subscribers, isn't it?
    I like that idea. How much would people be willing to pay to increase their game load by 20 games or be able to enter a few tournaments a year? Maybe even have a modest $5 subscription package for people who just want to be able to use vacation days. ๐Ÿ˜€
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    18 Dec '08 20:44
    Why not go the whole hog and make everyone supply details of their total income, total savings and total expenses on an annual basis. The subscription payable for the following year can then be dictated by your net disposable income.

I think the impact of pricing is known, which is why there are two pricing levels here.

Free - you can't get much better than that
    or
    Pay $29.95 or $39.95 for new subs.
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    19 Dec '08 23:202 edits

If you are an existing subscriber on a recurring billing, the old rate will continue as long as the card details are kept valid.[/b]
    When will it be possible to pay for the subscription simply by sending money by bank using an IBAN ?

(The International Bank Account Number (IBAN) is an international standard for identifying bank accounts across national borders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Bank_Account_Number)
  13. Standard memberEldaveer
    Drama Pawn
    Alexandria, VA, USA
    Moves
    21 Dec '08 17:57
    From my perspective, compared to so many of the costs of entertainment these days, $40/year is cheap cheap cheap. We pay more than that every frickin' month for cable TV. But then, I live in Washington, DC, and that is one of the costliest places to live in the world, relatively speaking. I mean, it doesn't beat NY or Tokyo or San Francisco. But it beats most other places. Or should I say, it LOSES. Because it really sucks.
  14. DISCO!
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 09:54

Why don't you just ask for a government bail-out. everybody else is?
  15. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    23 Dec '08 23:14

If my check is postmarked 2008 I'm assuming it will be accepted?
    -J

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree