1. Wokingham
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 10:15
    I'm sorry of this is somewhere else, but I can't find it anywhere and it's driving me crazy.

The ladder.

1. How does one challenge someone? Is there a ladder challenge facility, or do you just challenge them as normal and the system somehow knows that there's a ladder involved? (surely that's not possible - so how the heck does one challenge someone on the ladder?)
    2. How many places aboive can one challenge?
    3. Why is there not? or if there is, where the heck is any detailed ladder help facility?

I'm sure this info will be somewhere, but I just can't find it, (sorry) :-(
  2. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 10:411 edit
    Originally posted by CheekyChecker
    I'm sorry of this is somewhere else, but I can't find it anywhere and it's driving me crazy.

The ladder.

1. How does one challenge someone? Is there a ladder challenge facility, or do you just challenge them as normal and the system somehow knows that there's a ladder involved? (surely that's not possible - so how the heck does one challenge some ...[text shortened]... acility?

I'm sure this info will be somewhere, but I just can't find it, (sorry) :-(
    1. Go to the ladder you joined. Click the "Find me" button. Look in the last column if you can challange players. A linkable "Defending" means that some else already challenged this player so you cant challenge him/her at that point. If it sais "Out of range" this player is ranked to many positions above you. You can challenge a player when it has a link that sais something like "challenge player".
    2. 10
    3. There is, some info is listed on the ladder page itself and theres a detailed help section. "Help" -> "FAQ" -> "Ladders". Or click: Help : ladders.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 12:05
    The way into Ladders is via the dark-coloured bar at the top of the page just under the logo. Community, then Ladders. Once you've joined one or more ladders, click "find me" and all will become obvious.
  4. Donationmarsdog
    DOG OF WAR
    Cydonia
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 14:51
    I really like the "Ladder" format! I hope they are planning on adding a button at the top of the page for quick access (like they do for Tournaments, Clans, Sieges, etc).
  5. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    13 Nov '09 22:45
    Originally posted by marsdog
    I really like the "Ladder" format! I hope they are planning on adding a button at the top of the page for quick access (like they do for Tournaments, Clans, Sieges, etc).
    Suggest this idea in the Site Ideas forum? Or in the ladder thread in the Announcements forum.
    Would be a much more usefull button then "Find Player" or "Public Games" for example.
  6. Joined
    29 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 16:41
    I didn't want to create a separate thread for this question:
    How can I be moving up the ladder (one place at a time or so) if I haven't finished any of my games yet?
  7. Joined
    29 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 16:49
    Originally posted by Guych
    I didn't want to create a separate thread for this question:
    How can I be moving up the ladder (one place at a time or so) if I haven't finished any of my games yet?
    Just read the FAQs. I guess it could be people leaving the ladder and people becoming inactive. Right?
  8. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 23:31
    Originally posted by Guych
    Just read the FAQs. I guess it could be people leaving the ladder and people becoming inactive. Right?
    Yes, if someone leaves the ladder then everyone below will move up one spot.
  9. Standard memberSapanRinpoche
    Sapan Rinpoche
    Lyons, CO, USA, NA
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 01:14
    I am the administrator for the CLUB COLORADO USA, which has now just 15 members, three of whom are non-subscribers.

QUESTION: How can I create a CLUB LADDER, which would be a very good thing, especially when with a small number of players we are having difficulty getting more than one Long Haul tournament going? CLUBS ought to have easy Ladder capabilities. What am I missing ... or what is RHP missing here?
  10. Standard memberrandolph
    the walrus
    an English garden
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 07:16
    Originally posted by SapanRinpoche
    I am the administrator for the CLUB COLORADO USA, which has now just 15 members, three of whom are non-subscribers.

QUESTION: How can I create a CLUB LADDER, which would be a very good thing, especially when with a small number of players we are having difficulty getting more than one Long Haul tournament going? CLUBS ought to have easy Ladder capabilities. What am I missing ... or what is RHP missing here?
    There is no current feature for club ladders. The closest thing that you can get to that is the club rating system which happens at a certain milestone number of members (20 or 50 I think).
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    04 Jan '10 07:39
    According to the Clubs home page, an "active rating system" requires 10 members so you're there already. The reason nothing is showing up in the rating list is that each person has to complete 20 rated "club games" before their name appears in the list. A "club game" is any game played between club members who were members when the game was started and who are still members when the game finishes. So it takes quite a long time before names start appearing in the rating table.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree