1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 22:14
    The Rival Chess project has had a home at RHP right from the very start, and we have now released an Android version to bring this project up to date.

Version 1.1.3 can be downloaded here

From the market place

Direct from this site (market place link above is preferable, unless you are familiar with installing APK files)

Download APK

This is *not* a client for RHP - this is hopefully coming quite soon - Rival is a single player/2 player "hot seat" chess game.

PGN below from a game on Android vs Android on a HTC Desire on 1 second thinking. (You can export PGNs direct from the app)

2. Hell
    Moves
    29 Mar '11 11:57
    I'm looking forward to having an Android app client for RHP. Please let us know when that is available.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Apr '11 09:521 edit
    Works is very advanced on this - actually usable, but not ready for beta for probably 2 weeks due to a project overlap. It has been one of those projects where the last 10% takes 90% of the time.

After a short beta it will be on the market place as a free download. (Ads for non-subs, ad free for subs)

Right now, it is a native Android app with similar functionality to the iPhone web app. Although it obviously won't offer (anywhere near) all the features of the web site, it can be expanded over time if it has the userbase. Also, we will consider a native iPhone port if a success.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Apr '11 19:04
    Still not finished with the Android app - rather frustratingly held up just short of completion by other work which has priority right now. Please be patient, it won't be long.
  5. Hell
    Moves
    17 Apr '11 11:26
    It's better it is fully tested and working than it be rushed out, so take your time! And to add to your list any chance of 960 on RHP, and especially on the android app to RHP.
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    20 Apr '11 19:55
    Great job, Russ! Thanks 🙂
  7. Joined
    28 Sep '10
    Moves
    22 Apr '11 01:10
    Hi Russ,

Are there plans to port the RHP app to the Windows Phone 7 platform? It's the platform of choice amongst me and my buddies and we'd love to be able to play our RHP games via it! (I'd buy it!).

BOb
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 May '11 08:44
    Originally posted by Papa Fett
    Hi Russ,

Are there plans to port the RHP app to the Windows Phone 7 platform? It's the platform of choice amongst me and my buddies and we'd love to be able to play our RHP games via it! (I'd buy it!).

BOb
    Windows 7 would be possible, but we will need to judge how the native Android client is received. And then a few days might be spent making an assessment of the Win Phone SDK - learning a new platform is not trivial.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 May '11 08:49
    Originally posted by Bael
    It's better it is fully tested and working than it be rushed out, so take your time! And to add to your list any chance of 960 on RHP, and especially on the android app to RHP.
    960 on RHP is likely in some form, but is way down on the priorities right now, sorry.

Android App is at least 3 weeks away. Apologies for the delay - once my current obligations are cleared I am right back on in it.
  10. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    05 May '11 18:43
    Thanks for the update Russ, saves me checking this thread daily as I have been lately :o)

I'm sure when its ready the client will be well recieved, and will make for another excellent selling point for attracting new subs.
  11. Joined
    15 Feb '09
    Moves
    14 May '11 17:40
    this sounds great, i just bought a second hand android tablet. is there any news on which android versions it will support? I think the newest is 2.2 and im using 2.0.

Thanks very much Russ, as usual you are a star.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 May '11 10:231 edit
    Can't commit 100% to which version right now, but 1.x will not be supported, sorry. (Cost of progress....)

So 2.x should be just fine - either Android Eclair 2.0.x/2.1.x as a minimum.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 May '11 09:58
    Just an update, back on this full time again.
  14. Joined
    27 May '11
    Moves
    27 May '11 07:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

15. Joined
    15 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 May '11 22:00
    Originally posted by Russ
    Just an update, back on this full time again.
    Thanks for the update Russ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree