1. Joined
    16 Nov '07
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 15:51
    When you do a random board can you still castle? I was in a condition that i thought i could, but it wouldn't let me.
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 19:34
    Originally posted by Red Hot Blake
    When you do a random board can you still castle? I was in a condition that i thought i could, but it wouldn't let me.
    You can castle in Fischer random chess. If I am correct the standard chess rules apply pluss the squares to the corner side of the Rook must be clear. The King and Rook are placed in the position as in standard chess. Be sure to move the King first.
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    28 Jan '12 00:39
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_960#Rules_for_castling
  4. Joined
    16 Nov '07
    Moves
    30 Jan '12 21:04
    Originally posted by gambit3
    You can castle in Fischer random chess. If I am correct the standard chess rules apply pluss the squares to the corner side of the Rook must be clear. The King and Rook are placed in the position as in standard chess. Be sure to move the King first.
    ah, that could have been the issue, i might not have had the corner cleared even though there weren't any pieces between the castling.

Have you tried it on this site before?

thanks
  5. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 23:10
    Originally posted by Red Hot Blake
    ah, that could have been the issue, i might not have had the corner cleared even though there weren't any pieces between the castling.

Have you tried it on this site before?

thanks
    This site does not offer Fischer random chess. It only offers standard chess and set piece games.
  6. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    02 Feb '12 23:241 edit
    This site does not offer Fischer random chess. It only offers standard chess and set piece games.
    I thought you could play it in clubs now ? I have not myself played but I could swear I got an invitation to play.

edit : here Game 9021013
  7. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    04 Feb '12 03:10
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I thought you could play it in clubs now ? I have not myself played but I could swear I got an invitation to play.

edit : here Game 9021013
    I would not know about that.
  8. Joined
    20 Jul '11
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 13:072 edits
    @Gambit3

Erm, forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought anybody could play Fischer random chess, just not rated. Simply a matter of clicking the 'Fischer Random Start' button on this page:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/paintboard.php
  9. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 02:04
    Originally posted by DR85
    @Gambit3

Erm, forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought anybody could play Fischer random chess, just not rated. Simply a matter of clicking the 'Fischer Random Start' button on this page:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/paintboard.php
    Ja from set piece it is offered. I do not know when it was started. Last time I heard Russ stated that he had no intention of offering a chess variant.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 14:02
    Ja from set piece it is offered. I do not know when it was started. Last time I heard Russ stated that he had no intention of offering a chess variant.
    If you cannot castle, then it's not Fisher Random.

If you still want to play FS, and is about to castle, then you have to quit the game, set up a new position as it would look like after the castling, and start the game again from that new position. Then you have to be prepared to do the same thing again, when your opponent want to castle.

RHP doesn't support true Fisher Random, no.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '12 19:58
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If you cannot castle, then it's not Fisher Random.

If you still want to play FS, and is about to castle, then you have to quit the game, set up a new position as it would look like after the castling, and start the game again from that new position. Then you have to be prepared to do the same thing again, when your opponent want to castle.

RHP doesn't support true Fisher Random, no.
    Yes it does. When you go to set up a set piece game you click on the link "Fisher Random Start" and you'll notice that the boxes for castling are all still checked.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 09:292 edits
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Yes it does. When you go to set up a set piece game you click on the link "Fisher Random Start" and you'll notice that the boxes for castling are all still checked.
    "This site does not offer Fischer random chess. It only offers standard chess and set piece games."

Is Mr Gambit wrong?
    Have you really tried to castle according to Fisher Random correct rules of castling during a set-up game?
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 20:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    [b]"This site does not offer Fischer random chess. It only offers standard chess and set piece games."

Is Mr Gambit wrong?
    Have you really tried to castle according to Fisher Random correct rules of castling during a set-up game?[/b]
    He is wrong, behind the times so to say.

When you go to the set piece screen there is a link that says "Fisher Random Start" you click on this and it will randomize the array position and allow for castling.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 22:50
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    He is wrong, behind the times so to say.

When you go to the set piece screen there is a link that says "Fisher Random Start" you click on this and it will randomize the array position and allow for castling.
    Have you tried castling? Jankrb and I are playing now. Jan reports that castling didn't work when he tried it
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Feb '12 23:33
    Originally posted by Erekose
    Have you tried castling? Jankrb and I are playing now. Jan reports that castling didn't work when he tried it
    I haven't tried but the boxes for castling are still checked. Did Jan make sure the corner was cleared, not just the space between the king and rook, before he tried castling?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree