1. Joined
    28 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 07:09
    Hi,

Our clan leader left The Germans and emailed everyone to that effect before he did but now we are leaderless. I messaged him a couple of time about becoming the new leader but he does not respond even though I can see that he has made moves in the meantime.

What can I, or the other clann members do, if he completely disappears and does not hand off the torch? Can we replace him as leader? Or is the clan basically stuck?

Thanks for the help.

TSaffle - Thomas
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 11:54
    There's a regular process for this. Discuss in clan forum, basically elect a new leader there, then nominated leader sends feedback giving that thread ID and requesting the leader change and giving the reason it's needed.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 22:381 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    There's a regular process for this. Discuss in clan forum, basically elect a new leader there, then nominated leader sends feedback giving that thread ID and requesting the leader change and giving the reason it's needed.
    This is a curious one though 'Kewpie', to my knowledge the previous clan leadership problems have been quite obvious in that they just upped and left the site, and they were certainly not maintaining game(s) ?
    This 'errant leader' is plainly still maintaining a single game though, and is due the return of that board in the next day or so.
    What I find odd are the forum posts he made that I remember well. He'd created his own clan when he started to subscribe here and recruited no one whatsoever, he continued to play his games as sole clan challenges. He then makes a forum post at the beginning of Nov '11, asking how to dispose and 'delete a clan'. Naturally he was advised to offer out the clan and 'PASS ON THE LEADERSHIP', so he is perfectly aware of the RHP procedure involved. The really odd thing I noticed was the fact that no sooner had he posted those comments saying he 'didn't want to deal with it ( the clan ) any more', and wanted to pass leadership on, than he'd taken control of the German clan....quite literally days after that post, at the same time I'd personally messaged him to clarify my forum comment, he said he was 'not bothering getting tied down with clans', it's just all plain odd:
    Thread 143072
    If I'm perfectly honest, I merely informed him of what a wast of time posting pretty much ANYTHING purposeful in the clan forum was...the usual 'IVV v Metallica' crap: Thread 143098
    In fact they decided to mock it by forming a thread called 'someone take my CLAM please'...
    The point of my post is, hmmmmmmm,....let me ponder that one further lols. Seriously though, I'm not sure admin will be so quick to replace this chap whilst he subscribes, quite frankly the clan members have little option other than to harass him !!!??
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 00:46
    He must have found someone to pick up his one-player clan, because you can't be a leader of two clans. I guess he's pulled the same stunt again, told everyone he's gone from the clan, in the hope that one of the others will pick it up. I don't think the OP here has any hidden motives though.
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 05:35
    He must have found someone to pick up his one-player clan, because you can't be a leader of two clans. I guess he's pulled the same stunt again, told everyone he's gone from the clan, in the hope that one of the others will pick it up. I don't think the OP here has any hidden motives though.
    I was thinking that the OP has every right to keep 'pestering' him, their leader is leaving them in the lurch... that's plain to see given all their clan challenges finished in the last week or so, plus the fact that their leader appeared to have dismissed himself from continuing in the role, yet is not prepared to give them further answers in email...as I mentioned previously, I think that admin are in an awkward position given his subscription, and the fact he plainly hasn't left the site.
    It will be interesting to see how this one pans out...
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Mar '13 09:38
    Okay. I will try this straightforward aproach and see if it bears fruit. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree