1. Los Angeles
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 03:10
    Who do I contact to get rid of all these pop up ads. I am a subscriber!!
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 03:16
    Originally posted by taipei5200
    If you're a subscriber and still getting pop-ups, then you're screwed. 😉
  3. Los Angeles
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 03:38
    You're a big help!
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 04:15
    You're a big help!
    It could be a virus causing the pop ups. I read about a similar problem at another site, and I recall someone saying it might be a malware(?) virus. If so then the problem is not with this site, but with a virus that got into your computer.
  5. Los Angeles
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 06:34
    I think it's not a virus. The ads come with a trust rating from RHP
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 06:50
    Well pfffffffftttt!!!!1! There you have it.
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 06:59
    In that case you might have to contact RHP directly. If you click on Help in the red bar (above) a drop down menu shows Feedback last on the list. I think this allows you to directly contact someone who works for RHP. I'm still relatively new here so that's my best guess. Maybe someone else here knows a better (or easier) way of dealing with this...?
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 07:35
    RHP doesn't have pop-up ads, scan your computer for malware, that's your problem.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 07:36
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    In that case you might have to contact RHP directly. If you click on [b]Help in the red bar (above) a drop down menu shows Feedback last on the list. I think this allows you to directly contact someone who works for RHP. I'm still relatively new here so that's my best guess. Maybe someone else here knows a better (or easier) way of dealing with this...?[/b]
    You don't fool us, you've been around here for years.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 09:041 edit
    Hi there, you've been a member here a long time so I thought you would have realised by now that RHP does not promote pop-up adds. You have malware on your computer.

By the way, what are the adds advertising?
  11. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 16:09
    Taipei, download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It's free and works quite well. It's worth a try.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 22:08
    Originally posted by Trev33
    You don't fool us, you've been around here for years.
    Seriously, are there really people here who feel so bored and unfulfilled they need a lame conspiracy theory to give meaning to their lives? RHP should acknowledge this identity game as an official "bored game", and turn it into a real online site game to play.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 05:54
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Seriously, are there really people here who feel so bored and unfulfilled they need a lame conspiracy theory to give meaning to their lives? RHP should acknowledge this identity game as an official "bored game", and turn it into a real online site game to play.
    My sentence fulfilled all of 30 seconds of my life, what can I assume you of next to fill another 30 seconds? Are you the Lindbergh baby?
  14. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 06:14
    Anyone who doesn't run Malwarebytes occasionally is probably loaded up with assorted malware. Every ad-ridden computer I run it on turns out to have a collection of adware, spyware and trojans (they call them PUPs). Most of them are just annoying (Mindspark, Conduit and a couple of others come to mind) but I've seen a number of browser hijackers and even a keylogger or two.

If your browser has any toolbars installed, other than the ones that came with Windows, there's a good chance that your unwanted ads are coming from there. It's certainly not RedHotPawn doing it, if you're a subscriber, if it was we'd all be affected.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Dec '13 07:09
    Originally posted by Trev33
    My sentence fulfilled all of 30 seconds of my life, what can I assume you of next to fill another 30 seconds? Are you the Lindbergh baby?
    I see, so in other words it was only meant as filler. A little something to fill in a space and give 30 seconds of your life some meaning.

sad Reveal Hidden Content
    😞

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree