1. Joined
    24 Jan '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 22:59
    Hi,

I'm a relative newcomer to the site and am getting worryingly addicted ;-)

However, I'm having troubles on my browser at home, although oddly not at work. I'm using Firefox 1.0.1 in both places, at work on WinXP and at home on Win2K. At home, I find that when I'm on My Games and click on the info link, the box appears for less than a second and then vanishes again. Also, all the links on the red bar (My Home, My Settings, etc, etc), except the home icon, always link to whatever page I'm on at that point!

I really can't work out what's causing this! Java and Javascript are both enabled and I can't think of much else that could be causing this!

Thanks for any help in advance :-)
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Mar '05 23:31
    Originally posted by purpledua
    Hi,

I'm a relative newcomer to the site and am getting worryingly addicted ;-)

However, I'm having troubles on my browser at home, although oddly not at work. I'm using Firefox 1.0.1 in both places, at work on WinXP and at home on Win2K. At home, I find that when I'm on My Games and click on the info link, the box appears for less than a second a ...[text shortened]... nd I can't think of much else that could be causing this!

Thanks for any help in advance :-)
    Haven't a clue. I have 1.0.1 as well, and don't experience the problem, so maybe its not your browser? Does it happen on any other sites?

D
  3. Joined
    09 Mar '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 00:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    09 Mar '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 00:47

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 08:55
    Certainly a javascript issue - and this is something this site will be using more of in the future too. Do you have any overzealous security software blocking javascript files?

-Russ
  6. Standard memberhowitzer
    rockling
    The crags
    Moves
    10 Mar '05 10:40
    I also use Firefox (v1.0) for RHP - one on XP and one on Redhat Linux. No problems on either. Haven't had the chance to use Firefox on Win2K...
  7. Joined
    05 Dec '04
    Moves
    11 Mar '05 22:441 edit
    Have you downloaded the Plug-In for Java? It would usually say download this plug-in if you need it. If it doesn't then you shouldn't have a problem.
  8. Standard memberPalimpsest
    Abandoned RHP
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    12 Mar '05 03:39
    I get:

function DoAction( ) { if (document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked) { var message = "Please confirm that you wish to resign." + "\n\nResigning will award the game to your opponent."; if ( ! confirm( message ) ) { document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked=false; return false; } } if ( document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked && document.actionForm.offerdrawcheckbox.checked ) { alert("Please choose either to resign or offer a draw, not both."😉; ret
  9. Atlanta
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 23:14
    Were you able to get this fixed? I have the exact same issue. I'm using Firefox and notice the error mostly in the evening on my cablemodem.
  10. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    04 Dec '05 08:23
    I still can't get Firefox to work on RHP. None of the images show. Most importantly, the chess pieces.
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 10:101 edit
    The Java plug in is not required.

JavaScript is altogether different and should be enabled on most browsers.

-Russ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javascript
  12. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 10:16
    The new firefox 1.5 is out try that.
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Dec '05 10:23
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    I still can't get Firefox to work on RHP. None of the images show. Most importantly, the chess pieces.
    Clear your IE cache.

D
  14. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    07 Dec '05 12:11
    Originally posted by Palimpsest
    I get:

function DoAction( ) { if (document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked) { var message = "Please confirm that you wish to resign." + "\n\nResigning will award the game to your opponent."; if ( ! confirm( message ) ) { document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked=false; return false; } } if ( document.actionForm.resigncheckbox.checked && docume ...[text shortened]... awcheckbox.checked ) { alert("Please choose either to resign or offer a draw, not both."😉; ret
    Looks like your connection timed out before the page finished loading.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree