1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 11:40
    After the introduction of the ignore list there was numerous requests for the buddy list to feature as a white list for game challenges.

So, to restore balance to the universe, this has now been implemented.

This means even if you set criteria for who can challenge you, if someone is on your buddy list, they can challenge you successfully regardless.

This feature is optional, and although on by default for everyone right now, it can be turned off from the "my settings" >> "my challenge settings" page.

-Russ
  2. Standard memberWildfire
    Force of Nature
    The Bathroom
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 14:52
    Originally posted by Russ
    After the introduction of the ignore list there was numerous requests for the buddy list to feature as a white list for game challenges.

This means even if you set criteria for who can challenge you, if someone is on your buddy list, they can challenge you successfully regardless.

T ...[text shortened]... t now, it can be turned off from the "my settings" >> "my challenge settings" page.

-Russ
    Great job Russ.
  3. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 15:40
    Brilliant i like that.......
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 19:34
    Removing people from my buddy list as we speak!
  5. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 21:10
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Of course you have people on your buddy list, Xanthos. I'm sure you have plenty of friends.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 21:11
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    you had people on your buddy list? 🙂
  7. Standard membermosquitorespect
    Not Royalty
    Not in a palace
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 22:00

T ...[text shortened]... t now, it can be turned off from the "my settings" >> "my challenge settings" page.

-Russ
    Thanks for implementing that. It is a great idea after all.

Would it be possible, while the code is still fresh in your mind, to allow multiple additions/removals instead of one at a time? Particularly useful would be to add a whole clan to your list.
  8. Under the North Star
    Moves
    20 Apr '06 22:362 edits
    After the introduction of the ignore list there was numerous requests for the buddy list to feature as a white list for game challenges. So, to restore balance to the universe, this has now been implemented.
    The site admin actually listens to the site users' requests when making new features. Doesn't that disturb the balance of the universe for good?
  9. Behind you...
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 01:38
    Russ is a good person.
  10. Home
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 02:55
    Russ is the coolest kid on the playground.
  11. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 08:24

-Russ
    Wow, i recieved two games from one of my buddies this morning, which was strange seeing as i was unavailable for challenges. This would explain it! Not complaining mind, i think this is a good idea. 🙂
  12. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    21 Apr '06 17:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    21 Mar '06
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 21:53
    sorry 2 interject but i wanted to know if Russ/ Chrismo would consider my suggestion for a few non-sub tourneys.
  14. London
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 22:271 edit
    Originally posted by chessviper
    sorry 2 interject but i wanted to know if Russ/ Chrismo would consider my suggestion for a few non-sub tourneys.
    Yes they might. But then they'd consider how much more they'd lose if they offered tournaments to non subs.
  15. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    22 Apr '06 22:41
    Originally posted by chessviper
    Lol go away mate you are always going on about non sub tournaments you have no chance...The point of the site is if you pay you get everything if you dont you get 6 games and thats more than enough..
    If you want a tournament then cough up your money if they were just giving non sub tournament why are people like me paying to keep this site running.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree