1. Standard memberorfeo
    Paralysed analyst
    On a ship of fools
    Moves
    30 May '06 22:24
    If I looked at the list of my forum posts, accessible from my profile, I used to be able to see how many recs each post had received.

It's gone some time recently. Was this a conscious decision? Because I'd like it back.

As things stand, if I notice my total of recs have gone up it's pretty difficult to figure out WHY, ie which of the many things I said was actually considered worthwhile by somebody. How am I supposed to improve my contribution to the life of this site if I can't work out what I got positive feedback for?
  2. The sky
    Moves
    30 May '06 22:45
    From Thread 42441:

"Just a bug, it will be back

-Russ"
  3. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    31 May '06 00:57
    Originally posted by orfeo
    If I looked at the list of my forum posts, accessible from my profile, I used to be able to see how many recs each post had received.

It's gone some time recently. Was this a conscious decision? Because I'd like it back.

As things stand, if I notice my total of recs have gone up it's pretty difficult to figure out WHY, ie which of the many things I said ...[text shortened]... contribution to the life of this site if I can't work out what I got positive feedback for?
    yep. a "my rec'd posts " list would be handy
  4. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    31 May '06 01:48
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    From Thread 42441:

"Just a bug, it will be back

-Russ"
    Didn't the recced text disappear from the search user posts at the same time Russ took it off private forum posts? Could they perhaps be linked?
  5. The sky
    Moves
    31 May '06 06:40
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Didn't the recced text disappear from the search user posts at the same time Russ took it off private forum posts? Could they perhaps be linked?
    Yes. Most likely.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 May '06 20:25
    Why does it take weeks to reinstate a feature that the site has had for years?
  7. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    31 May '06 20:30
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Why does it take weeks to reinstate a feature that the site has had for years?
    maybe there was mass reccing going on in the private forums.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    31 May '06 22:22
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I'm still curious why you need to take away the ability to see recs in a forum search in order to stop private forum recs.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    01 Jun '06 00:171 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I'm still curious why you need to take away the ability to see recs in a forum search in order to stop private forum recs.
    Its because the non-subs in the private clan forums were really messing up the place.

D
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Jun '06 00:17
    Actually until recently reccing private forum posts was possible. Thankfully I worked out how to do it and Russ closed up the exploit. So as far as I know around 5 recs were given out in private forums (during the hours before Russ got a fix out).
  11. Swansea
    Moves
    01 Jun '06 02:09
    Actually until recently reccing private forum posts was possible. Thankfully I worked out how to do it and Russ closed up the exploit. So as far as I know around 5 recs were given out in private forums (during the hours before Russ got a fix out).
    Hacking again loser? Naughty ladyboy!
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Jun '06 05:50
    Originally posted by expressiveoutburst
    Hacking again loser? Naughty ladyboy!
    Would you rather I hadn't found out and it was still possible? Tell you what, test something out for me.

Go here:
    http://www.timeforchess.com/comhub/volunteers.php
    and tell me who is listed first on the Beta Testers list.
  13. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    01 Jun '06 06:02
    Would you rather I hadn't found out and it was still possible? Tell you what, test something out for me.

Go here:
    http://www.timeforchess.com/comhub/volunteers.php
    and tell me who is listed first on the Beta Testers list.
    was expressive drunk last night? he's not usually so abusive
  14. Swansea
    Moves
    01 Jun '06 08:42
    was expressive drunk last night? he's not usually so abusive
    No, I wasn't drunk, I was annoyed to the extreme at the people that live on my floor in halls! They come back all hours, wake me up or if im not asleep, keep me awake with their drunken noise. Tuesday they invaded my room and kept me up till 3, then last night they all came back arguing with each other at 2 and didnt stop till about 4, so im always tired and annoyed.
    Sorry if I caused offence to anyone with my posts. I've had enough of them now, its a joke.
  15. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    01 Jun '06 13:55
    calm down brian they are all going home this weekend so have a few early nights hehehe.......🙂😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree