1. London
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 15:56
    M rating was 989 or thereabouts a few minutes ago, it's just gone down to 948 but I've not lost any games in the meantime. What's going on? Can anyone please enlighten me?
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 16:20
    see the help FAQ!!!

How is my rating calculated?

When you join, you are given a rating of 1200.

If you enter into a rated game, your rating will be recalculated on its completion so long as at least two moves have been made by each player.

Note: Until you have completed 20 games your rating may go down even when you win a game!

Until you complete 20 games, you will have a provisional rating. This rating is calculated as the average of all the games you have played. Each game is scored as being your opponent's rating (for a draw), your opponent's rating plus 400 (for a win), or your opponent's rating minus 400 (for a loss). If your opponent is also on a provisional rating, then the 400s above become 200s. If your opponent has played fewer than five games then their rating is treated as 1200 when calculating your rating.
  3. London
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 16:22
    Originally posted by BillyB49
    see the help FAQ!!!

How is my rating calculated?

When you join, you are given a rating of 1200.

If you enter into a rated game, your rating will be recalculated on its completion so long as at least two moves have been made by each player.

Note: Until you have completed 20 games your rating may go down even when you win a game!

Until you comp ...[text shortened]... ayed fewer than five games then their rating is treated as 1200 when calculating your rating.
    Hi there,thanks for this but...

I started playing over a year ago, I know how the rating is worked out. But this is unusual in that my rating went down by about 50 points WITHOUT me losing a game to anyone.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 16:32
    Originally posted by FrenchQueen
    Hi there,thanks for this but...

I started playing over a year ago, I know how the rating is worked out. But this is unusual in that my rating went down by about 50 points WITHOUT me losing a game to anyone.
    You got checkmated in 2 games. 1 against Cordeiro2 and 1 against cassi.

Its all in your graph.

D
  5. London
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 16:361 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    You got checkmated in 2 games. 1 against Cordeiro2 and 1 against cassi.

Its all in your graph.

D
    Ouch! thanks for pointing this out,I can see that now.

I missed that and must have accidentally archived those two games thinking they were old ones. . .

😳
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '04
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 16:48
    also according to your history you highest rating in the last thirty days was only 976 not 989
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 16:50
    also according to your history you highest rating in the last thirty days was only 976 not 989
    986. The highest rating gets updated only once a day.

D
  8. London
    Moves
    25 Jul '06 16:532 edits
    No need to rub it in 😳

Edit: and Ragnorak is right 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree